Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

FrogGirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2009, 2:24 pm

when making a point to someone, do you find yourself running it into the ground, going on and on even after they have agreed with you? Is this an AS thing?

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 3:30 pm

FrogGirl wrote:
when making a point to someone, do you find yourself running it into the ground, going on and on even after they have agreed with you? Is this an AS thing?

Yes, I can do that at times, but I have no idea if it's an AS thing. It may be related to some of us liking to argue, which I guess you could argue might be an AS thing...

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 3:41 pm

What? Why that's preposterous! I don't like to argue! I take issue with your assumption that...

... oh :oops: .

Okay, I agree with the fiddlerpianist. Both with the doing it myself and the not being sure if it is indicative of the condition as a whole. The dark gift manifests differently in each of us.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 5:41 pm

I think it actually might be (I have it too), because it's tied in with the repetitive side of AS - the tendency to get stuck on one idea and repeat it over and over like a broken record - finding it hard to switch to the next topic, even if you know the argument is over.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2009, 5:52 pm

Absolutely, it's the getting stuck issue, coupled with the reciprocity problem. I corrected this in myself so many years ago that I didn't remember it anymore. But I used to be a bad case of this. I rarely relapse nowadays. Then again, I've suppressed so many of my Aspie ways of conversing with people that nowadays I'm so silent in company that I have to unglue my lips when I come back home.