How Many Of You Live On Your Own?
I live on my own 72%  72%  [ 147 ]
I dont live on my own 28%  28%  [ 58 ]
Total votes : 205

BritAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jun 2013, 2:29 pm

I live with my parents I would love to live on my own as soon as I have enough money.

kalabalik
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jun 2013, 4:22 pm

I have lived on my own for about eight years after a very happy divorce, from a 28 years mariage with a bisexual, psykopatik child psykologe.

To day I can't imagin living with a someone else, I believe my habits and my interest are to divergent, I don't believe any body could tolerate my way of livring. For sure i hardly can stand having to adapt to some one else.

Tomas73
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jun 2013, 8:38 am

stardraigh wrote:
I have a hard time on my own taking care of things. I feel so overwhelmed sometimes at just doing basic tasks like laundry and the dishes. My apartment is a disaster. It takes weeks for me to take action on what I know I need to do.

Same here

normal2357
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jun 2013, 3:03 pm

Have lived on my own all my life since I was 16 years old. I am 57 years old, I am married and have 4 children. I was diagnosed at age 55.

CapriciousAgent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jun 2013, 8:38 pm

Lived alone and with a roommate at two different points in my life. Alone was great, and I sincerely enjoyed the company of myself, but while I wasn't "reality-TV show" worthy, I didn't keep the tidiest place. With a roommate, I was neater out of a necessity to avoid conflict, but I was less happy and spent virtually all of my time there in my room. When he had friends I didn't know over, I was essentially a prisoner in my room.

angelbee
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jun 2013, 8:18 am

I've lived on my own for 8 years (I'm 27 years old). I'm building a house and I have to move out and live with my brother, wife and 4 kids to save money while house is being built. I am freaking out I have to live with someone. I know I won't cope, I'll be on the floor crying and rocking. I don't like being around people. Can't wait till house is built and I can have my own space again.

Harrison54
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jun 2013, 4:43 am

I've been living on my own for about 9 years, since my last relationship ended.

I thought I would find it difficult, but realised that I did most of the cooking, cleaning etc so all that changed was one less person. I do think I'd find it tricky living with someone else again, although there are times when I'd like the company.

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 11:51 pm

Been living on my own for most of the past decade since divorce.
Had a live-in bf for a couple years, but that was 5 years ago & we've since broken up.
Live in an apt. so have a landlord for some things, and have social workers for my other problems.

shadow_light
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Aug 2013, 2:20 am

I moved out from my parents when I was 16, well... technically a few days before I was 16. I am now 26 and about to move in with my boyfriend. In the last 10 years I have moved 19 times and in some places lived alone, others in shared houses (I didn't cope well with that), and others with my now-ex-fiance.

Tomas73
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Aug 2013, 5:11 am

Have moved 27 times in my life. I'm 39. Have experienced many different housing scenarios:
Squats, with dangerous electrics, and weird Christian crusties who were very judgemental.
Renting a room for £10 a week from a junky with speed psychosis. (I moved after he attacked me in my sleep).
Shared house with 8 other flakey musicians. (I was young).
A room in a house with a live-in landlady and her two year old kid. The house was owned by a jealous ex-husband who would knock on the front door and rudely demand to see his wife. (I think she let him think there was something going on between us).
Numerous rented flats, some pleasant, some unacceptable. (From private landlords)
I was once unwittingly sub-let a flat from a woman who hadn't been paying her rent. (I found out when the angry landlords turned up!)
Four different places with my ex-wife and our two kids, one of which was below a Church hall with an insomniac cleaner! (Also: AA meetings, Dance Classes, etc. all above our heads on wooden floorboards!)
18 months co-renting a bungalow with my girlfriend (the house that jack built! - I spent my whole time getting the landlords to fix the sewage problems. By the time the place was fixed, we'd had enough of living together!)
I rent a small flat now, and visit my girlfriend who owns hers. (She has troublesome neighbours - one of whom is trying to get away with our attempted murder - cornered us with his vehicle and attacked us with a knife!)
I would like to buy a trailer on a well kept site. (Detached, self-contained, quiet, out of town, cheep-ish). I don't have any money though, so... maybe if I can work my way up to a decent salary, (with Asperger's, Hep C, Depression & Anxiety, and probable PTSD!!)