Anybody have seizures that just suddenly stopped happening?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

TiredGeek
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Dec 2010, 1:50 pm

I had a lot of seizures as a 5-10 yrs. old, and 2 or 3 of them as an adult. Mine were always triggered by pain: falling off bike, sprained ankles, things like that. Not sure I ever grew out of them 'cause kids get hurt more by playing, etc. I'm oversensitive to pain compared to most people for sure. But there's probably something else going on, because level of pain doesn't seem to predict whether I'll have one. When I get the pre-seizure feeling, its like my brain is an overloaded circuit that just shut itself off, I have a split second realization that its happening but not enough time to do anything about it.

Coacharcher
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Aug 2014, 4:46 am

I wish I had read all of this years ago! I used to have 3-4 simple partial seizures a day back when I was in 6th grade which was 1998 I think. I then had a tonic clonic seizure in 1999 and then continued to keep having simple partials until 2001. In 2001 I got into a car accident and broke my neck. It healed fine over time, but I've yet to have any type of seizure since then! I had plenty of tests run prior and after and they could never tell me what the cause was. Now 13 years later I've started having myoclonic sleep spasms and was researching it and found out that it and epilepsy can be related. So down the rabbit hole I went and now I'm here. I never knew other people have had them go away before so it's nice to know I'm not the only one!

grbiker
Raven
Raven

12 Nov 2014, 12:15 am

I've had 3 grand mal seizures that I know of, one when I was 4, another when I was 13, then the last one in my early twenties. It's possible I had another one just prior to the last one. I was alone at the time and don't know if I passed out due to severe back pain ,or if I had a seizure, I came to on the floor and felt very disoriented. Two weeks later I had one while at a friends house for a gathering. That was very embarrassing. No one there had ever seen it happen, and they freaked out, called an ambulance.

After the one as a teen, and the one in my 20's, I had thorough evaluations to see if I had epilepsy, (multiple EEG's, brain scans, sleep deprivation, blinking lights, etc) though the findings were inconclusive. I was on medication for a short while in my teens, but then it was discontinued.

It has been nearly 20 years since the last one, and though I rarely get a feeling (aura) that one might be starting, the sensations stop. I still have a fear in the back recesses of my brain that it might hit me again.