Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

camelia
Raven
Raven

28 Sep 2012, 11:43 pm

i have epilepsy and was dx'ed as & adhd a year ago.

the relationship between epilepsy and autism is mostly because of genetic disorders like Fragile X.. though there is still much left to understand and learn about genetics, ASD and epilepsy... i don't think there is a direct correlation between ep. and aspergers - not yet at least.

SquirrellyGirlie121
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Oct 2013, 6:50 pm

I am a female who has been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, ADHD, an anxiety disorder, depression and OCD. I have had both grand mal (complete) and petit mal (incomplete) seizures. I had my first seizure at 11 months and as a result didn't learn to walk until I was 16 months old. I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrom at the age of 14 years old. One of my biggest issues with having seizures is that I have a reoccurring dream that I'm being chased around the edge of a pool then at the end of the dream I dream that I drown in the pool. Does anyone else have reoccurring nightmares after seizures?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 10:35 am

SquirrellyGirlie121 wrote:
I am a female who has been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, ADHD, an anxiety disorder, depression and OCD. I have had both grand mal (complete) and petit mal (incomplete) seizures. I had my first seizure at 11 months and as a result didn't learn to walk until I was 16 months old. I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrom at the age of 14 years old. One of my biggest issues with having seizures is that I have a reoccurring dream that I'm being chased around the edge of a pool then at the end of the dream I dream that I drown in the pool. Does anyone else have reoccurring nightmares after seizures?

Welcome to the board. Sorry you have had all these troubles.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman