Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 5:05 pm

https://www.autismspeaks.org/news/news- ... 527s%2520G

The linking of AS propaganda with a timeless symbol like this is intended to create an image of Autism Speaks as sturdy, lasting, timeless, valuable, revered, unique - an international treasure, for the benefit of all. It's marketing, and we know exactly what AS are really marketing.

I am surprised that the Egyptian authorities are allowing the pyramid to be used for Western political purposes. This is a first. I hope it is a last. I will try to find out where you can register protests online to Egyptian authorities re this. If you know a link, please post it here asap.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 5:07 pm

Let Macy's know you won't be shopping there again

https://www.autismspeaks.org/news/news- ... s-34th-str

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 5:10 pm

Major Jewish religious venue/synagogue to be used for political purposes: Autism Speaks, have you no shame? No shame at all?

https://www.autismspeaks.org/news/news- ... world-liub

Last edited by B19 on 23 Mar 2015, 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 5:15 pm

Businesses to boycott - and maybe advise them of your decision not to shop there on April 2nd.

https://www.autismspeaks.org/ways-give/ ... e-partners

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 7:58 pm

Freedom Tower/World Trade center to be desecrated on April 2.
https://www.autismspeaks.org/news/news-item/one-world-trade-will-light-it-blue-april-2

All the people did not die, nor did many the who have gotten sick rescuing, demolishing, rebuilding ground zero do it for Autism Speaks.

Bob Wright grew up a New Yorker.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 11:45 pm

B19 wrote:
I am surprised that the Egyptian authorities are allowing the pyramid to be used for Western political purposes. This is a first. I hope it is a last. I will try to find out where you can register protests online to Egyptian authorities re this. If you know a link, please post it here asap.

In the article you link to I can read that the Egyptian Autistic Society is the one behind the event, not Autism Speaks. So the question now is, if this organisation is similar to AS, or not. If it is comparable with AS, then I suggest you write a well written letter to the Egyptian ambassador stationed in your country to explain your concerns. And to encourage others to do the same thing.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2015, 11:48 am

B19 wrote:
In the article you link to I can read that the Egyptian Autistic Society is the one behind the event, not Autism Speaks. So the question now is, if this organisation is similar to AS, or not. If it is comparable with AS, then I suggest you write a well written letter to the Egyptian ambassador stationed in your country to explain your concerns. And to encourage others to do the same thing.

The organization is non profit and does not seem to use the hateful language of Autism Speaks but they are still too much like them for my comfort. For one they are a parent support organization. Nothing inherently wrong with that. What is wrong is their goal is to make the child as NT as possible very early so they do not have to unlearn Autistic behaviors.
About us

Their Individual Education plan has 2 ABA sessions a day.
Services

Of course the website will not tell you the whole truth, it is a marketing document

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Mar 2015, 12:10 am

They want AS people to be an NT as possible, enough to turn to ABA, ok, so they're another group that hates Autism then. No surprise they would actually be on board for Speaks' "light it up blue".

We need more than just complaining, we need to strike back at these people that are horrid enough to support this. Hit them where it hurts, their back pocket -- But how.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 11:27 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
What is wrong is their goal is to make the child as NT as possible very early so they do not have to unlearn Autistic behaviors.
About us

Since identifying genes is taking longer then expected, intercepting or deflecting autism shortly after birth seems to be an emerging trend.
The social network: How everyday interactions shape autism

Another article clumsily not trying to be offensive and giving false hope based on EXTREMELY preliminary information. "refrigerator mother" is too offensive so we will BLAME THE INFANT who may not even be autistic as they are to young to be diagnosed.

This research is scarier then gene research in some ways because infants brains are most susceptible to rewiring and receiving information.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 11:40 am

Who wants to bet that, apart from the likely unwitting sock puppets, there are no individuals with autism in attendance?

Like the Roman Colosseum, antiquity agencies do some weird shtuff to bring in the cash that helps them pay the bills. It is embarrassing in my opinion. What would help mitigate this PR stunt is if Autism $peaks would throw some of its money around Cairo to establish or help fund existing autism diagnostic, therapeutic and support groups there.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 9:32 pm

I'm going to look into compiling all this information into an easily usable document.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

B19
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2015, 9:41 pm

Protogenoi wrote:
I'm going to look into compiling all this information into an easily usable document.

Cool, that would be very helpful.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 1:42 pm

NBA Stars "Tip-Off for a Cure" in New York City

So any of you are going to boycott the National Basketball Association or boo the players involved, or display a protest banner at a game?

I don't really watch basketball and can no way afford tickets to a game.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 7:33 pm

From the Egyptian link:

Quote:
Even though there is no cure for autism, better understanding of the disorder has lead to the development of interventions and coping mechanisms. With the proper intervention, many of the autism behaviors can be positively changed, appearing to the untrained person that the child or adult no longer has autism...

...Behaviors: may be overactive or very passive; throws tantrums for no apparent reason; shows an obsessive interest in a single item, idea, activity, or person; apparent lack of common sense; may show aggression to others or self; often has difficulty with changes in routine.

Haha

They're in line with Autism Speaks. The idea of such a historic site being used in this way is disheartening. I've got a new slogan for them ..."lighting it up blue to get rid of you."

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 7:54 pm

androbot01 wrote:
From the Egyptian link:

Quote:
Even though there is no cure for autism, better understanding of the disorder has lead to the development of interventions and coping mechanisms. With the proper intervention, many of the autism behaviors can be positively changed, appearing to the untrained person that the child or adult no longer has autism...

...Behaviors: may be overactive or very passive; throws tantrums for no apparent reason; shows an obsessive interest in a single item, idea, activity, or person; apparent lack of common sense; may show aggression to others or self; often has difficulty with changes in routine.

Haha

They're in line with Autism Speaks. The idea of such a historic site being used in this way is disheartening. I've got a new slogan for them ..."lighting it up blue to get rid of you."

Doesn't anybody at Autism $peaks read published research? Failing that, why don't they just ask people who have ASD? It can't be that difficult.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

B19
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 10:27 pm

Essentially, Autism Speaks are political, and they are political fanatics with one central goal - getting rid of us. That's their meaning of "cure" - not even curing us as individuals, but curing the world of "us" as an entire designated group, just as the Nazis tried to "cure" the world of Jews, and anyone else they didn't like.