Page 1 of 16 [ 241 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 9:13 am

Before I joined Autism Supremacy I had some very bad experiences in my life, I started becoming depressed in pre-school around the age of 4 because I was not like the other kids. In 1st grade I attempted. I saw a doctor and I was diagnosed with Aspergers. Then the school wanted to diagnose me a childhood schizophrenic, luckily my parents fought back and won. In 3rd grade I made some friends I was more or less happy but depression returned occasionally and it was always an underlying thing. When I got into middle school I went to a school on the north side of the hill where all the rich lawyers lived. There I was bullied relentlessly by people at my school. I was even falsely accused of threatening someone at the end of 8th grade. The police figured out that I was innocent quickly but this event changed my world view. I realized that I had to stand up for my rights, If I didn't someone was going to take them away from me. I developed an organized strategy for keeping my rights and discussed it with my friends. I knew that I was finally on the right track to being a successful Autistic person.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 9:28 am

that is great-we should all be proud of who we are and find support-which can be difficult a lot of the time. I do like you location description-with a fan as a paddle-- and with no toilet paper too.LOL :D

ci
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 10:57 am

Here is the solution.

1. Thicker skin - The thoughts and emotions of others which hold others back ought to be ignored.

2. Persistent none the less - In spite of odds the human spirit even that of ones own is far more capable of achieving should one put his or her own mind to it then any words or circumstance externally typically.

3. Thoughts of inferiority - Are best ignored as the counter balance notions of superiority lacks clarity in rational resolve.

A bit of motivational rationale.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

memesplice
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 12:04 pm

You guys going on about opression and toliet paper- You do not know what educational opression is until you have been forced to use Izal toliet paper for twelve years. My generation have asses that send messages to our brains that form thoughts telling us we live in ass heaven compared to how we suffered in school. Just got to get the rest of our bodies there now.

http://carbolicsoap.com/izal-toilet-paper-p-905.html

Last edited by memesplice on 28 Jul 2011, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 12:04 pm

ci wrote:
Here is the solution.

1. Thicker skin - The thoughts and emotions of others which hold others back ought to be ignored.

2. Persistent none the less - In spite of odds the human spirit even that of ones own is far more capable of achieving should one put his or her own mind to it then any words or circumstance externally typically.

3. Thoughts of inferiority - Are best ignored as the counter balance notions of superiority lacks clarity in rational resolve.

teachers at school tried to send me to an asylum for schizophrenia which i had no symptoms of...so apparently that's just normal and i should laugh it off

ci
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 12:06 pm

Not everything someone experiences is / was right or just. However to continue thinking of it is merely an injustice to yourself. It is ones own choice ultimately to be self-defeated like so.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 12:56 pm

ci wrote:
Here is the solution.

I'd change lacks clarity in rational resolve with having no answers to the solution but it's otherwise a fairly balanced judgement.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 1:56 pm

is there actualy an organized group called autism supremecy or are you refering to a concept

AlanTuring
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2011, 2:13 pm

The idea of autism supremacy is just as wrong as autism inferiority.

There are differences. Deal with them, celebrate them, adapt to them, but don't let them lead you to becoming a bigot.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 2:36 pm

Mark my words, when autistics start demanding their rights it will only be the beginning of even greater oppression for us.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 2:41 pm

"A self-fulfilling prophecy is a prediction that directly or indirectly causes itself to become true, by the very terms of the prophecy itself, due to positive feedback between belief and behavior. Although examples of such prophecies can be found in literature as far back as ancient Greece and ancient India, it is 20th-century sociologist Robert K. Merton who is credited with coining the expression "self-fulfilling prophecy" and formalizing its structure and consequences. In his book Social Theory and Social Structure, Merton defines self-fulfilling prophecy in the following terms: e.g. when Roxanna falsely believes her marriage will fail, her fears of such failure actually cause the marriage to fail."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-fulfilling_prophecy

That's why good PR is needed. It's also why ASAN is not as effective. Guilting the public about abortion issues, angry vindictiveness against so called N.T's by self-advocates and poor strategies combining issues create emotional rejection(s). I think strong and effective leadership is not afraid to speak out against wrong-minded endeavors but at the same time seeks innovative solutions. illegal threats against others concerning autism matters, bitterness against the majority whom have no idea what so called Aspies are talking about and the inability to compromise to achieve goals is a sure strategy of failure.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 3:05 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
Mark my words, when autistics start demanding their rights it will only be the beginning of even greater oppression for us.

well dammit its the only way forward. break em and you're free. it took a civil war and 100 years to break slavery, but it was worth it.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 3:07 pm

ci wrote:
"A self-fulfilling prophecy is a prediction that directly or indirectly causes itself to become true, by the very terms of the prophecy itself, due to positive feedback between belief and behavior. Although examples of such prophecies can be found in literature as far back as ancient Greece and ancient India, it is 20th-century sociologist Robert K. Merton who is credited with coining the expression "self-fulfilling prophecy" and formalizing its structure and consequences. In his book Social Theory and Social Structure, Merton defines self-fulfilling prophecy in the following terms: e.g. when Roxanna falsely believes her marriage will fail, her fears of such failure actually cause the marriage to fail."

That's why good PR is needed. It's also why ASAN is not as effective. Guilting the public about abortion issues, angry vindictiveness against so called N.T's by self-advocates and poor strategies combining issues create emotional rejection(s). I think strong and effective leadership is not afraid to speak out against wrong-minded endeavors but at the same time seeks innovative solutions. illegal threats against others concerning autism matters, bitterness against the majority whom have no idea what so called Aspies are talking about and the inability to compromise to achieve goals is a sure strategy of failure.

I've had enough of good public relations, I want to do the right thing.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 3:07 pm

A utopia like separatism self-oppresses fiscal economic interdependence(s) and individuated economic prosperity.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 3:09 pm

aspie48 wrote:
ci wrote:

I've had enough of good public relations, I want to do the right thing.

Can you please show me the good inclusive generating PR you are basing your differing PR approaches on?

memesplice
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 3:13 pm

Aspie48, I'm not going to knock you because I personally believe eveyone is free to chosse their own evolutionary strategy , and being the mildly socipathic guy I am I believe that is what everyone else is doing and a lot of what is spoken, probably a lot of what I say myself, is self delusional BS , ie what most of us call comfort zone and social politeness to others.

Now here's our problem, in Euorope, mad guy goes on rampage with a gun. You and me we're not going to go on a rampage , I know that and I think you know that. Already the press are looking to catagorize this guy, so when I read today's headline, his lawyer is using a significant phrase to give out a message, he doesn't want to use it for sure, so he's doing it the NT way and making a 50-50 . You know what he said, "Lacks Emapthy"

So in the UK we have a population, most of which can't calculate the price of fuel from litres to gallons nor can they work out the price of chicken per 100g . So when they are told he lacks empathy and , you know who else around here lacks empathy-what conclusion are theye going to come to ? Huh? are they going to rush out and buy Simon Baron Cohen's examination of empathy and spend a week cross referncing it ? No they are going to use their lazy brains and think Aspies lack empathy, Aspies are 'dangerous, then they'll dip into a box of fries and watch a programme about cooking, but the message will be in their heads.
So then we got a whole bunch of negative crap in a crapstorm going on. Then it get so much better. Because some press guy comes here , finds your guys banging on about supremacy and this gets published in support of the sudden anti-aspie surge of bald ape troupe agression towards outsiders and it gets worse.

Honestly, if you want to take over the planet fine it's your choice , I'm not going to judge you on the morality of it because at this level there isn't any. But spare a thought for what happens to all of us in Europe , yeh ,when this kind of stuff ( Aspe Supreme take over bid) gets flashed over the headlines and we end up getting tagged by the security forces . That's like not suprecisism is it , it's another dimension of opression. My guess is if they do this you guys will get a free vist to a secutity forces Disneyland for a week and get chance to go surfing on dry land.

If you want to take over the planet , do it quietly , go and read some cognitive research and
try and try and figure out how to help us all evolve . Read Konard Lorenz , for a starter and look at his biography of the fun time he had as an accademic in a supremicist society and the conclusions he came to. The path is laid out, no one's put it all together yet.

Don't poke the bald ape.

Meme.

Last edited by memesplice on 28 Jul 2011, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.