Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 1:33 pm

Mine include a black one from Wrong Planet and a black one from Autistic Self Advocacy Network.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

WelcomeToHolland
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 3:14 pm

Quite a few. I've gotten several for free from events we went to and someone gave me a t-shirt that says "Keep Calm, I'm an autism mom" on it. I haven't worn any out of the house, other than when I was at the event the shirt came from. Maybe next time we're at the airport, I will wear the keep calm shirt, LOL.

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 3:30 pm

None...

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 4:10 pm

None. I don't like clothes with writing or pictures. I wish I could find shoes that had no identifying marks. I like being bland.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 4:35 pm

khaoz wrote:
None. I don't like clothes with writing or pictures. I wish I could find shoes that had no identifying marks. I like being bland.

Oh, me too! I usually wear a black T-shirt or white Oxford shirt, and nothing else. After years of working in film, theatre and politics, I have finally worn out all the free shirts I had collected. I am now logo-free. But, I like the idea of having a couple Aspie shirts to wear at certain places for awareness reasons. Besides, Alex's Wrong Planet alien is huuuge on the WP shirts. Hehe.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 8:45 pm

I do not have any, not sure I'd want to unless it said something really clever or obscure, then I might consider it.

But I wouldn't want to parade around in a shirt that says 'The Face of Autism' for instance or anything that would give the impression of me thinking 'hey look I have autism'.

screen_name
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 8:47 pm

Zero

I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and MERLD
I have significant chronic medical conditions as well

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 7:23 pm

I have 6.
I have two Neurodiversity shirts from ThinkGeek, two long sleeve and two short sleeve shirts that I made that say "I'm not ignoring you, I'm autistic. OK... Yeah, I'm also ignoring you."

I love wearing them! I actually feel more comfortable in public when I'm wearing the shirts that clearly say that I'm autistic.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 7:35 pm

jetbuilder wrote:
I have 6.
I have two Neurodiversity shirts from ThinkGeek, two long sleeve and two short sleeve shirts that I made that say "I'm not ignoring you, I'm autistic. OK... Yeah, I'm also ignoring you."

I love wearing them! I actually feel more comfortable in public when I'm wearing the shirts that clearly say that I'm autistic.

That is a funny T-shirt slogan! You could make a little money if you designed and sold them through CafePress.com.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 7:38 pm

None.

I'm known by what I do, not what I wear.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Quill
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 8:50 pm

None. I always feel weird wearing shirts that might inspire someone to come up and ask me about it. I'm never prepared for all that :lol:.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 9:37 am

This past April, I made one out of an old white T-shirt. I wrote across the back in blue Sharpie, "Normal is an illusion that no one, autistic or not, should be forced to emulate."

I have a window sticker that displays multiple logos, including a puzzle piece, and the caption says, "God loves all of us, I promise."

I haven't had the balls to put it on my van yet. I wore the shirt around the house until the Sharpie bled and the writing became illegible.

I like the one that says, "Autism is not a tragedy. Ignorance is a tragedy."

I wish I had the balls to wear it. I don't.