Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sigbold
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 12:28 am

DaughterOfGallifrey wrote:
Because I was just wondering what you guys think of Sheldon. Is he too much of a stereotypical Aspie, or does the way he is portrayed do us justice?

I used to watch several years ago, but I stopped watching it several episodes after Howard came back from space. My first complaint would that they changed the personality of Amy, so she had become a bisexual social awkward version of Leonard instead of someone where Sheldon can relate with. I find the episodes where the related how perceived the rest of the cast great. And it gave an opportunity to present the Sheldon's view point, instead of the standard the show had of showing how the rest perceived Sheldon.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 11:13 am

Yeah, I too hated how they changed Amy to be bi and hypersexual, and it annoys me even more that Penny is the object of the character's fascination. Anyone but her! Penny embodies everything I hate in NTs.

I guess an aspie female was too much for the public! :roll:

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

DaughterOfGallifrey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Nov 2014, 3:24 pm

But I rly like how Sheldon is basically asexual, because I am as well.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 3:30 pm

I don't watch a lot of t.v but that is one of the few shows I do not dislike...I think sheldon is pretty funny honestly. Maybe he represents an individual with autism/aspergers maybe he doesn't....either way even if he is meant to be an autistic character he would in no way represent everyone on the spectrum. I mean I am very different from that character yet I still have autism, so the idea that perhaps he portrays an autistic person does not offend me since as they say if you've met one person on the spectrum you have met one person on the spectrum.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 6:48 pm

DaughterOfGallifrey wrote:
But I rly like how Sheldon is basically asexual, because I am as well.

I like that too, and I am too. So it really annoyed me in one episode where Penny said something about when Sheldon became sexually mature. :roll: Asexuality is as valid as any other forms.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

VioletYoshi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Nov 2014, 12:27 am

Skilpadde wrote:
Yeah, I too hated how they changed Amy to be bi and hypersexual, and it annoys me even more that Penny is the object of the character's fascination. Anyone but her! Penny embodies everything I hate in NTs.

I guess an aspie female was too much for the public! :roll:

Upon further thought I decided to take my feminist rant to Jezebel.com. :doh: