This requires urgent attention.Warning: extreme hate speech

Page 2 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 4:29 am

B19 wrote:
:lol:
Instead of mocking, why don't you answer what the perceived threat is?

B19
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 4:38 am

A loaded question or complex question fallacy is a question which contains a controversial or unjustified assumption (e.g., a presumption of guilt).

I don't answer loaded questions because they are not worth answering.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 5:17 am

B19 wrote:
A loaded question or complex question fallacy is a question which contains a controversial or unjustified assumption (e.g., a presumption of guilt).

I don't answer loaded questions because they are not worth answering.
I think that is a matter of semantics. I don't think my statements are as you describe them, but a discussion of the nature of human responses to input. You are clearly emotionally attached to the topic we're discussing. I think that is where the problem lies, that you are unwilling or incapable of abstracting away from your personal emotional reaction to the concepts discussed. If you don't want to talk about it, I suggest you think about it to yourself. And if you have never meditated I recommend it. It has helped me somewhat to be liberated from the state of mind you are in, even though I feel currently that I have come to a halt in my meditation and I'm thinking about what to do to improve it. But this book I do recommend highly as a place to start:

http://www.amazon.com/Mindfulness-Plain ... 6132544012

Quote:
View all problems as challenges. Look upon negativities that arise as opportunities to learn and to grow. Don't run from them, condemn yourself, or bury your burden in saintly silence. You have a problem? Great. More grist for the mill. Rejoice, dive in, and investigate.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 5:31 am

It is just an ignorant troll site. I found it more amusing in it's stupidity than it wa offensive. Obviously someone just looking for attention.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 5:41 am

Pity Tallyman isn't still here to weed out the trolls on this board.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 6:19 am

B19 wrote:
Pity Tallyman isn't still here to weed out the trolls on this board.
You are just throwing out personal attacks because you refuse to look at what I actually write and think about it, or address it. My point remains, something is not offensive unless one has some form of fear, some perception of a threat to oneself, that is what offensive means. I said I don't put a value to it as to whether it is right or wrong, justified or not, false or not. I'm simply stating my view of what offensive means. And I asked you to answer what you perceive is the threat but you decline to do so. Probably because you have been offended by something I have written, which is unfortunate.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 7:02 am

:roll:

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 8:10 am

I think pezar's characterization is most accurate. I looked at the post you linked and it was as offensive as you said. Then I went to the home/contents page and saw that the whole site is full of so many varieties of inflammatory nonsense that literally any person will find something to be offended about.

Pezar says it is clickbait intended to drive traffic for the ads. Now that I have seen it I agree. It isn't meant to be satire. It isn't meant to drive any specific agenda. It is merely meant to get people angry enough to post a link (as you did) to drive traffic. The wide variety of offensive material means they are casting a wide net.

As pezar also said, attempting to fight them is pointless and playing right into their hands. They hop around the internet domains of the globe (a wiki page about them confirms his suspicion) so they can't be removed by directing people toward them. Directing people toward them won't get them hacked out of existence. It will merely drive traffic toward them. Ignoring them is the only possible defense- attrition. Any other response just earns them more click-induced money.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 8:20 am

B19 wrote:
:roll:
I am quite astonished by the degree of emotional thinking that you have. I thought that was more characteristic of neurotypicals. Something that the OP of this thread speculated too:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt146564.html

Although you are female, which might have something to do with it. Women generally are very emotional thinkers.

I personally don't know if I have Asperger's. But I can see in myself if I look over the years that I have been going through stages, sometimes I have been extremely easily offended, other times it swings over to the other end of the spectrum where I'm much more detached from emotion. It is an interesting philosophical subject that I am researching. Good luck my friend.

Last edited by tomato on 16 Nov 2014, 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 8:25 am

Janissy wrote:
I think pezar's characterization is most accurate. I looked at the post you linked and it was as offensive as you said. Then I went to the home/contents page and saw that the whole site is full of so many varieties of inflammatory nonsense that literally any person will find something to be offended about.

Pezar says it is clickbait intended to drive traffic for the ads. Now that I have seen it I agree. It isn't meant to be satire. It isn't meant to drive any specific agenda. It is merely meant to get people angry enough to post a link (as you did) to drive traffic. The wide variety of offensive material means they are casting a wide net.

As pezar also said, attempting to fight them is pointless and playing right into their hands. They hop around the internet domains of the globe (a wiki page about them confirms his suspicion) so they can't be removed by directing people toward them. Directing people toward them won't get them hacked out of existence. It will merely drive traffic toward them. Ignoring them is the only possible defense- attrition. Any other response just earns them more click-induced money.
lol some business ingenuity there. Makes me think of this video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo[/youtube]

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 9:34 am

why don't you guys start being NICE or else MODS will lock this thread.the new MODS here are wicked(as they say in boston) strict so stop trolling before they ban you

The_fire_rises
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Nov 2014, 9:47 am

hahahahaha, I love that Wikipedia.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 10:02 am

vermontsavant wrote:
why don't you guys start being NICE or else MODS will lock this thread.the new MODS here are wicked(as they say in boston) strict so stop trolling before they ban you
I'm not trolling, and I am nice. However the unwillingness to respond to my points could be seen as trolling, so maybe that's what you were referring to, yourself probably included in that group judging from the post I quoted above. This forum is quite difficult to have a proper discussion with.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 12:00 pm

tomato wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
I'm not trolling, and I am nice. However the unwillingness to respond to my points could be seen as trolling, so maybe that's what you were referring to, yourself probably included in that group judging from the post I quoted above. This forum is quite difficult to have a proper discussion with.
did I address you specificely,it was general good advice to all.
if someone is trolling you just ignore them

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 4:08 pm

Well I read the article and it seems very hateful to me. I don't think it is satire. I was very impressed by the amount of effort that went into it though.

But yeah, it's chan material.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 5:02 pm

I thought it was making fun of all the stereotypes about it and the misconceptions. I noticed they had Chris Chandler on there. There are people out there that think he is a poster child for autism and think that is what autism is so someone put him on there. That is how I read it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.