Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2008, 6:28 pm

if he's anything like my ADHD sister, well at least it explains his record-breaking finish times.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

Fossy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Aug 2008, 7:02 pm

9CatMom wrote:
I was diagnosed as hyperactive as a little girl. I think it was a misdiagnosis and that AS fits me much better.

ADD and ADHD seem to be commonly diagnosed in people who have become prominent athletes and Olympic gold medalists. I haven't heard of anyone with AS who became an Olympic gold medalist, but Paavo Nurmi and Roger Bannister had strong AS tendencies.

Not very many people know what AS is though.

sinsboldly: My whole family has ADD and we all believe it's genetic. Most doctors will tell you it's genetic. But there are people who are ashamed of it and say its from mercury and/or poor diet, just as with other stuff. :roll: People attribute way too much to a person's diet.

wolphin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Aug 2008, 7:51 am

I saw an interview with him the other day, it was him and his mom taking about when he was growing up, having ADHD, getting bullied a lot, having a really hard time in school and otherwise.

I don't have ADHD and I wasn't ever really bullied, but a lot of what he (and especially his mom) said really resonated with me.

After he won all the good metals I was just "ok that's nice" but after hearing his mom talk I couldn't help but feel for the guy and all he's accomplished. He really is the greatest olympic champion ever and he's earned every part of it. :salut: :cheers: :)