Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Fourstringman721
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Dec 2014, 11:48 am

Hello all! I am a 31 year old, male, aspie. Sorry I have been a member so long and have only lurked so far. I have wanted to post several times and have changed my mind thinking my post wasn't worth posting, that is a whole other topic.

I was wondering if anyone here gets nauseous and starts retching right when you first wake up or when active? For me it comes on with normal walking. Also if I wake up earlier than normal or have to get moving too soon after waking. When I physically retch 3-5 times it goes away for a while. Nothing ever comes up and some times I can suppress it til I am in private but once I hit that point the retching is inevitable. This definitely gets worse with more strenuous activity and can be as much as 6 times a day.

I understand that stress and stimulation making this happen is perfectly normal for people with AS. I have had this since I was a small child but it comes and goes. I didn't have it that much for the past 5 years, until I hurt my back. My back has healed now and I am wondering if all that time being inactive has made me more sensitive to physical effort and movement. Additionally it has gotten worse since realizing where I am living now is making me miserable and I have started the process of moving.

Any ideas? Does anyone else experience the same thing and have some tricks to help? Thank you everyone!!