Page 2 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Aniihya
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 7:17 pm

I barely drink coffee. I hate machine coffee. I grind the beans myself and I stove cook the coffee. That is the only way I ever drink coffee.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 4:35 pm

I drink around 10 cups of coffee a day, which is probably very high on the scale.

I find this article quite interesting:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/45124.php

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 4:37 pm

I drink coffee, but only decaf. If I drink regular coffee, I end up having trouble sleeping.

Sum
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Apr 2015, 1:20 am

I absolutely adore coffee and by addition tea. Personally, I have a french press (relatively easy coffee to make), a pour over (that takes some learning but I personally think it's the best), a chemex (it has its purpose), And a vacuum pot (really nothing more than steeping with pressure). Additionally, I actually started experimenting with home roasting which makes the best coffee out there and is really easy to do. My tea set is rather different and not relevant based on the thread so I won't go into it. Anyway, I only drink black coffee and I drink a ton of it; however, I wouldn't say I'm addicted because I can easily stop for weeks at a time (with no interest in it). One important thing to note is that there are studies showing that aspergians react differently to stimulants such as caffeine which actually induces a focussed relaxed state. (to a degree the medicine were often given tends to be a stimulant) I especially love to watch the sun rise, work on research, or just write my thoughts down on paper while drinking a nice cup of coffee or tea. Also no programming session could be complete without a cup.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 1:43 am

Girlwithaspergers wrote:
It takes 80-100 cups to o.d. On caffeine.

0_0 I really don't want to know how such a conclusion was reached.

Not that I'll stop drinking espresso however :shaking2:

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 3:35 am

Lately I've been getting back into drinking black coffee, thanks to this French press travel mug I bought. Not only does it make great tasting coffee, but it keeps it hot for HOURS too. This is great, because I like to drink it slowly and savor it... that and I have a hard time drinking hot coffee quickly. :P

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 6:58 am

I can't stand coffee without cream and sweetener.

I drink mostly decaff as caffeinated coffee creates issues with migraines (caffeine is the main ingredient of my migraine meds, so taking too much in has a "boomerang" effect).

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2015, 7:06 am

In my opinion there are really only two types of people in this world: those that accept that coffee is the only source of energy you need and those that haven't evolved yet.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2015, 2:57 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
In my opinion there are really only two types of people in this world: those that accept that coffee is the only source of energy you need and those that haven't evolved yet.

Cognitive test show that coffee drinkers merely recover from withdrawal, and the effect isn't an enhancement on those that don't drink. They do worse when they haven't had their coffee, and associate this with stimulating them, when actually they are merely functioning as they normally would, if they weren't coffee drinkers. This is a general trend and doesn't account for different nuerotypes.

Non-coffee drinker do worse after drinking it.

Having said that I sometimes drink it. I do very little without moderation. I'm not boasting, I just have some built in function that doesn't like too much dependency.

Coffee does have other benefit so it is not all one way.

Coffee can make be jittery, and anxious too. Ironically stimulant tend to make me feel drowsy too. Dextradine puts me flat out to sleep, is is pretty ironic given it is used to treat narcolepsy.

I drink tea very weak. I poor through the tea bag, and take it out. I drink camomile, which obviously not comparable.

I take sage pills, due to studies on it an attention/cognition.

I do like eating coffee beans sometimes, becuase I'm a fan of bitter. I eat bitter guard. I don't think bitter combines well with umami in equal measure in the same mouthful. Mushroom that have to much bitterness, are not. It depends how you cook them, and the variety.

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 8:37 pm

Two mugs every morning made strong and slowly in a stove top pot - the type that gives not much pressure, and then stop.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 10:25 pm

I just finished drinking a large iced latte from Tim Hortons, with extra espresso. 8)

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 2:24 am

0_equals_true wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:

Cognitive test show that coffee drinkers merely recover from withdrawal, and the effect isn't an enhancement on those that don't drink. They do worse when they haven't had their coffee, and associate this with stimulating them, when actually they are merely functioning as they normally would, if they weren't coffee drinkers. This is a general trend and doesn't account for different nuerotypes.

Cognitive tests show I don't really care. They also show that when I don't get my coffee I'm prone to getting upset, depressed, and generally feeling like killing people-- this is a personal trend and doesn't account for different neurotypes.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 10:17 am

zer0netgain wrote:
I can't stand coffee without cream and sweetener.

I drink mostly decaff as caffeinated coffee creates issues with migraines (caffeine is the main ingredient of my migraine meds, so taking too much in has a "boomerang" effect).

I would think if you take caffine to help migraines regular coffee would help that....but are you saying because there is caffine in the medication you take for that, drinking coffee causes migraines because of the caffine? Just trying to visualize what exactly a boomerang effect is in this context.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 10:21 am

0_equals_true wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:

I would like to see a source for this, as I am pretty sure coffee has an effect...It is a stimulant which means it causes stimulation...the effect of coffee is not a simple case of recovering from withdrawn. For one I can feel the stimulating effects and for two well based on any reasearch I have done it is a stimulant which means it has some effect.

I have a hard time buying that if I have a cup of coffee, it makes me go into withdrawl and then the feeling of being a bit more energized and focused is merely the recovery from that withdraws. I thought caffine withdrawl was more getting a headache and feeling lethargic, recovering for that just means it eventually goes away...I don't get stimulated after recovoring from caffine withdrawl which I have also experienced.

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 1:31 pm

I'm limiting myself lately because of reflux.

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 1:36 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
0_equals_true wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:

Cognitive tests show I don't really care. They also show that when I don't get my coffee I'm prone to getting upset, depressed, and generally feeling like killing people-- this is a personal trend and doesn't account for different neurotypes.

Cognitive tests show that cognitive tests tend to give the result that whoever payed for the cognitive test wanted in the first place, studies have shown, scientists claim and experts said.

Is coffee the new smoking?