Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2009, 10:12 am

I've seen people vomit just simply by letting it spew. Others heave. Some like me heave very hard for some reason. I don't see why I can't just let it go instead of throwing out my back, my diaphragm and my eyeballs to vomit.

FaithHopeCheese
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2009, 11:52 am

My boyfriend heaves, and it's loud -----I accidently made him sick by offering him a wasabi pea one time. I knew he wouldn't like it (he only likes meat and cheese, that's it) but I didn't know it would make him throw up. He thought I was trying to kill him for a minute... 8O

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2009, 12:49 pm

Anyway, I usualy heave it out while groaning. I wound up wipeing tears off my face when it happens.

Last edited by LiendaBalla on 11 Dec 2009, 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2009, 12:58 pm

Emesis is always accompanied by muscle contraction--after all, some force has to bring the contents of the stomach back up.

The issue of "heaving" is largely connected to what has triggered the emesis, and how effectively you have removed the offending material. Generally speaking, heaving is an advantage, since it permits the body to more effectively discharged poisons from the digestive system. (One of the reasons we get motion sickness is that the brain interprets the disconnect between signals from the eyes and the middle ear as poisoning, and induces nausea to clear the poison--the more you heave, the more likely you are to get it all out).

Reacting to induced emesis, on the other hand, is likely to trigger a much milder reaction, with less of the "heaves".

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2009, 12:59 pm

Chain reactions are well known. These might as well be a bunch of people in a buffet who've just eaten!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InKYvr_a_ak[/youtube]

Wasabi snooters!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFiCVoDwtms[/youtube]

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2009, 2:26 pm

I haven't vomited since I was 10 years old and choked on a piece of cake while laughing.

Oh, I did get dry heaves the first time I got really sodding drunk. But that's never happened again, either (the heaves, that is :wink: ).

Is that peculiar? Is it very unusual to not vomit at all, ever?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2009, 4:31 pm

*BLAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!"

:wink:

Greshym_Shorkan
Toucan
Toucan

23 Dec 2009, 12:45 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
*BLAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!"

:wink:

Yeah, me too.

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2009, 10:10 am

I have only barfed twice in my life. The first time was in 3rd grade while standing in line for something. It was really funny because I spewed a massive load all over the kid in front of me. The 2nd time was when I was 27 and had my appendix removed and was totally strung out on morphine. My mother said I never threw up once prior to 3rd grade even as a baby.

ASMJT
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Dec 2009, 12:42 am

Willard wrote:
Is that peculiar? Is it very unusual to not vomit at all, ever?

If it is, count me in! I haven't since I was about the same age, and expect it to continue. 8)

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2009, 2:22 pm

i always become very sick last time i was crawling on floor because i felt so sick i couldn't run i prob would trow it on floor if i would try :roll:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 12:59 pm

I just let it spew, but I rarely puke anymore.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Shaye
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jan 2010, 1:13 pm

I haven't vomited since 1999. It was New Years Eve and I was 5 years-old.
I have Emetophobia (fear of vomit). There is actually a Society for this.
http://www.emetophobia.org/default.asp

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 10:48 pm

I vomited a lot and never could escape from it, but when i was 16, it started happening so often that it would happen close as every week or close enough everyday that i could count myself as a bulimia and would vomit no matter what food i ate and did have an affect on me which i wish it never happened but it did.

Since when i went to wrotham with my school trip, i stopped since then and never really vomited since then and now i can eat my food without the urge to vomit. :eew:

mysassyself
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2010, 4:08 am

yeh, food that I've eaten just comes out of my mouth.

I think the kind of vomit you do depends on the reason for the vomit. Some kinds of illness have made me expel the contents of my stomach upward much more forcefully and therefore heave involuntarily than at other vomit times.

Perhaps you could research things like what balances or imbalances in the body and/or stomach cause vomiting and how this may affect the nature of the vomit.

Personally, I haven't vomited in years. I decided I didn't like it and got good at recognising the first signs of malcontent in my body so I could do as much as possible to forego the actual eventuation of vomit. When I was young (as in teens, late teens particularly, and early 20s) I vomited quite a lot. I was leaving home around that time (17) so looking back it's almost as if being faced with the real world and life on life's terms made me physically sick.
:o

A Thursday child ..

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2010, 10:24 pm

I have emetephobia, which is an intense irrational fear of throwing up, so your topic has made me very uncomfortable. 8O But my curiosity got the better of me. I don't care at all how anyone does it, because to be around them is terrifying for me. I can't stand to be around people who are motion sick, drunk, pregnant or have stomach flu (I'm so scared I'll catch it!) And I hate how almost every movie and TV show now has to show people puking it's horrible and I hate it and unless you have the phobia yourself (it's more common that you think!) you can't possibly understand. That's it no more about the subject BYE!! ! 8O