are you weird after you exercise? LOL

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Shiznown
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Dec 2010, 10:39 pm

I get really clumsy after I weight lift, but that's probably because my muscles get so tight and stiff. Now when I get hungry I get a little angry and th longer I wait to eat the angrier I get lol.

Secret_Helper
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Dec 2010, 11:11 pm

Well Im more focused after a workout. Strangely, I looked up on one study that doctors say that people who jog tend to remember more, become extremely focused and have a longer lifespan. So pretty much it is ok to feel tired after jogging. :P

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 10:00 am

Once in a while, I exercise by walking really fast around the house. When I do that, all I do is daydream and zone out. I feel weird when I come back into the real world afterwards.
After I go on the treadmill, I feel like I'm still on it.

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 10:12 am

I must echo the sentiment(s) of those that become calm and relaxed after a workout.

I have only rather recently taken up running (within the last two years) and find that I am calmer and and more relaxed after vigorous exercise. It's at LEAST as good as half an hour in my own version of the Squeeze Box.

As for addressing becoming weird after exercising, I would suggest (if the feeling of weirdness is intense enough or worrying enough) seeing a doctor and having a blood panel done, maybe an endocrinologist to make sure your glands are working properly. If that all checks out maybe play around with the duration or intensity of your workouts. Maybe exercising less vigorously for longer might change the outcome, or vice versa, working out more intensely for a shorter period may help.