Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 4:38 am

I usually workout about 6 days a wk. About 3-4 times a week I run/jog 6-8 miles and then run with pace twice a week about 2 miles. 3-4 times a week, I go to the gym and lift free weights or do some conditioning. I used to play ball, but ran out of people to play in the last couple of years. About 3 wks ago, I strained/tore a quad and have only been able to do light running/exercise since then.

I barely can get to sleep anymore, without a good workout. I've spent the last few nights here or doing some reading and spent the next day dragging. I feel like a slug and it has had a big effect on my mood. I know I should work more on flexibility for injury prevention. Would I benefit adding more variety to help keep repititive injuries down? What do you guys do to keep fit?

EaglesSayMeow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Sep 2010, 8:35 am

During the summer, whenever I feel like I'm really stressed and going to have a meltdown/get annoyed at my parents/feel bored/anything else, I go on a ten mile bike ride.

Call me Trish, please.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 8:39 am

:oops: never.

I really wish I could be a little more like you (well, maybe not 6 days a week... 1 would be nice). I'm lucky gene-wise; I never go above a size 8 (Australian) but from a health point of view, I should really join a gym or something.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 8:50 am

I walk to and from college, and I have no money for chocolates any more :lol:

Synecdoche
Toucan
Toucan

29 Sep 2010, 4:33 pm

Just started trying to live a more active lifestyle recently.

2-3 miles at least 3 days a week.
Lift weights 3 days a week.
Eat tons of protein with adequate carbs.
Try to balance food groups.

I'm still out of shape right now but hopefully I can get in better shape before the end of this school year. I want to be able to bench more and run 8-10 miles.

wornlight
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2010, 5:05 pm

I'm not interested in my appearance. I exercise only to maintain the body in proper working order.
I walk for 2 hours each morning.
I do about 800 squats 3 days a week.
Push-ups and crunches every day.
try to meditate at least 1/2 hour a day
I try to maintain balanced diet
eat lots of fruits and vegetables
do not consume refined sugars
2/3 of my meals are vegetarian.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 10:55 pm

Easy. I don't.

Though, i walk fast and alot during the daytime, so that keeps me from gaining too much weight.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2010, 2:04 am

Cool. Good to see people doing some form of activity. I think it does wonders for my mental health, at least better than any meds that I've ever been prescribed. I still don't eat quite the way I should.

I would really like to get into some more outdoor sports before I get much older. Climbing and kayaking are something I would like to get into.

gassy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Sep 2010, 6:11 am

sluice wrote:
Cool. Good to see people doing some form of activity. I think it does wonders for my mental health, at least better than any meds that I've ever been prescribed. I still don't eat quite the way I should.

I would really like to get into some more outdoor sports before I get much older. Climbing and kayaking are something I would like to get into.

I completely agree with you're first point there. Even though I cant do much as Im injured I cycle to and from college which even though is only about3-4miles is still extremely hilly.

I also like to plug my Ipod in and go for some long walks

Also, i found it really helps if I drink fruit or multi-vitamin juices everyday and it seems to work in a similar way.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Oct 2010, 4:29 pm

Cycling to and from work and my work involves a great deal of heavy lifting.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 9:54 pm

Yea! I did a 10 mile run outside and I finally feel over my quad injury. Summer sure disappeared on me. Last month it was in the 90's, now it is down in the mid 50's (Fahrenheit). It feels good except when you plop your foot into a puddle. :D

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 11:36 pm

Yoga! I love it.
I love just emptying my head and stretching. If you do it right, its harder than you'd think. I also walk everywhere - just out of necessity. I enjoy it too.

I hear you on the better mood thing. Whenever I'm depressed or have a negative thought, I exhaust myself with some insane poses and I feel incredible a couple hours later. And once I stop aching, the next day is substantially better too.

scott77
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Oct 2010, 6:42 pm

I usually jog approximately 3 miles every morning. Also, I like to ride my bicycle and do push-ups and sit-ups.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2010, 6:46 pm

I really don't know, I need to get back into a routine but I still am on top of things.

Squirrelrat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2010, 10:04 pm

Pace around the house for no apparent reason and regret signing the contract for the gym that I never go to. The only forms of exercise that I seem to enjoy at all are walking, swinging, and playing in jungle gyms that I'm not allowed into anymore.

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 5:20 pm

weekly run and ride my road bike as much as I can. The local gym is just a huge testosterone and bro fest.