Exhaustion when trying to improve my life

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 12:17 pm

Monday, I walked home from work, since the weather was nice. That is about an 8 mile walk, it took me about two hours, and I was tired when I got home.

Yesterday, before I went to work, I ran for 45 minutes on a treadmill at the YMCA, then I sat in the sauna for 15 minutes, took a shower, and went to work for an 8-hour shift. I was pretty sleepy at the end of that.

This morning, I am sitting in my cubicle, with just a few minutes before my shift begins, and I am finding myself falling asleep in my comfortable chair. This is so not good. There is tons of work that needs to get done, and my eyelids cannot resist gravity at the present moment.

How does one deal with this?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2015, 10:44 pm

Don't overdo it before work?

Get proper sleep. Drink plenty of water.

Only really push yourself when you know you have the time to recover afterwards.

Sometimes I still make the mistake of pushing myself too much and then I'm pretty wiped out.. but it's not all that often that I really push my limits when I don't have the time to recover afterwards, so it doesn't affect my daily life or work. Just need to know when you can really push things and when you should just keep them to a "regular" workout. You'll get to know yourself and your body better as time goes on.

Also, as you get into better and better shape you won't be so exhausted by regular exercise. It'll be more tiring in the beginning.. but then you'll build yourself up to the point that what used to exhaust you just gets you warmed up and ready to take on your day.