Do Aspie teens' bodies develop slower than NTs

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

DreamLord
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Mar 2012, 6:04 pm

Took me until I was 15 before my voice broke and I started to develop noticeable body hair. Didn't really care much about girls until then either and even then it ws more romantic than physical.

I still look quite youthful for 22. I wouldn't worry, I liked being a big kid for longer than most. Being an adult is absolutely awful.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 4:51 pm

DreamLord wrote:
Took me until I was 15 before my voice broke and I started to develop noticeable body hair. Didn't really care much about girls until then either and even then it ws more romantic than physical.

I still look quite youthful for 22. I wouldn't worry, I liked being a big kid for longer than most. Being an adult is absolutely awful.

It's good that it's romantic not physical, actually. It makes you NOT come off as a creep.

Anyways, my voice broke at like 12 or 13, but my body is still very weak.
I can do 3 sets of 30-35, 10 reps, on a good day.

DreamLord

31 Mar 2012, 4:46 pm

I'm about the same, all I can suggest is to stick with it. I've found it easier since my physical attraction to women became stronger, I've become more confident. Suppose it works differently for different people.

Gravechylde
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Mar 2012, 7:47 pm

I grew fast, I was already 6 foot at 13 years old.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2012, 7:49 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
DreamLord wrote:

It's good that it's romantic not physical, actually. It makes you NOT come off as a creep.

How would that make him come off as a creep?

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 12:09 am

I grew an inch the year I turned 21. Seemed to hit puberty with my classmates ~14 or 15, though that's late for girls these days.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

01 Apr 2012, 12:11 am

Not really. If anything, I developed quite quickly.

Even now I'm still taller than a lot of my peers.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 12:41 am

I grew fast and hit puberty befor my brother did he will be 25 this year and I'm only 23

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2012, 3:11 pm

Being small increases your chances of being picked on, which maybe correlate with people that think they have Asperger's

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

Onewithwings
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Apr 2012, 1:27 pm

I've been the same height since 4th grade, got my period at 11, and was wearing a bra by 3rd grade. I developed pretty fast, I think.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 6:08 am

Alexender wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:
DreamLord wrote:

Because women are very natural with these types of things.
They don't like sex, they want romance and "socialization" first.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 8:06 am

muslimmetalhead wrote:
Alexender wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:
DreamLord wrote:

lol no.

Generally what happens in the situation you've described is girls say one of the following "aww, he's so sweet" or "he's such a nice guy" and then they have sexual relations with a Hells Angel instead, then use you as a shoulder to cry on when said relationship goes badly. I mean like yeah, they do want romance and socialization first, but they do want sex, probably just as much as the guys do, as if they didn't like sex, the human race wouldn't exist.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 9:38 am

muslimmetalhead wrote:
Alexender wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:
DreamLord wrote:

I agree with 100knives. Do you go to a public highschool? Girls like to have sex, I have heard many things during my time at highschool. I would want romance and socialization first, I wouldn't want to have sex with someone I barely know. And girls generally like sexual jokes too, but that doesn't mean you should say them all the time. You have to be careful about your audience. Be careful with saying absolute (and slightly sexist) statements like girls do not like sex.

and one night stands wouldn't work if there were only "promiscous guys", unless you were at a gay bar.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 5:33 pm

Alexender wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:
Alexender wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:
DreamLord wrote:

I agree with 100knives. Do you go to a public highschool? Girls like to have sex, I have heard many things during my time at highschool. I would want romance and socialization first, I wouldn't want to have sex with someone I barely know. And girls generally like sexual jokes too, but that doesn't mean you should say them all the time. You have to be careful about your audience. Be careful with saying absolute (and slightly sexist) statements like girls do not like sex.

and one night stands wouldn't work if there were only "promiscous guys", unless you were at a gay bar.

Ahh, but most women don't do casual sex. But yeah, you're basically right.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 5:43 pm

University of Michigan psychologist Terri Conley asserts that “when women are presented with proposers who are equivalent in terms of safety and sexual prowess, they will be equally likely as men to engage in casual sex.”

http://www.miller-mccune.com/culture/ca ... all-28451/

first option after a google search

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 6:20 pm

Alexender wrote:
University of Michigan psychologist Terri Conley asserts that “when women are presented with proposers who are equivalent in terms of safety and sexual prowess, they will be equally likely as men to engage in casual sex.”

http://www.miller-mccune.com/culture/ca ... all-28451/

first option after a google search

That's odd.