Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Roman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 12:23 pm

Okay before I proceed, imagine the following kind of omlet. So you have a thin layear of egg with small pieces of green pepper and onion. Also green pepper lost some of its color so its ''light green'', and likewise onion is a bit transparant as opposed to white. Now imagine that it is not the omlet but your own skin! More precisely, you look at the back of your hand and see transparent pieces of ''something'' behind your skin that look similar to onions in the omlet and light green pieces of someting that look just like green papers. Now it is not ''on'' your skin, but ''below'' your skin. In other words, it is part of skin's texture!! ! If you see it on yourself, what would you think? Would you interpret it as cancer or what?

Well I had a dream in which I seen exactly that on the back of my hand. But it was very weird. It looked so natural that part of me thought that it is one of the normal things that happen to skin texture. But then the other part of me felt it was gross. And then finally I realized it is NOT one of the 'normal' things and was wondering if ti was cancer or what. Yet part of me still thought it is not cancer. Well I then asked my mom hoping she will remind me of something ''normal'' that would make the skin look htat way. She was shocked instead and was going to call emergency. I told her not to and was trying to think of something to say to persuade her it is okay; then I woke up.

the_beautiful_mess
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Mar 2012, 12:48 pm

I'm never going to eat an omlet again.

'I sometimes go to my own little world, but that's okay, they know me there.' ~ Joel Hodgson

ghostar
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Mar 2012, 5:12 pm

I have had almost this exact same dream except without my mom in it. Weird.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2012, 2:42 am

there is a very pertinent thread about weird dreams (clicky!)right here!

Roman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 5:43 pm

ghostar wrote:

Wow thats quite interesting. What exactly happened in your version of the dream?

Do you believe that dreams of this type might reveal something psychological that might be going on?

ghostar
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Mar 2012, 11:35 am

Roman wrote:
ghostar wrote:

Wow thats quite interesting. What exactly happened in your version of the dream?

Do you believe that dreams of this type might reveal something psychological that might be going on?

When I have this experience in dreams, it is always while something is happening within the dream that I am bored by i.e. a parade is going by and everyone I am with is interested in the parade and I end up noticing my hand and then the skin on my hand and then something wrong with the skin on my hand, etc.

I have always thought this dream experience was a way of my brain working through how different I feel from other people while I am awake.

Roman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 6:52 pm

ghostar wrote:
Roman wrote:
ghostar wrote:

When I have this experience in dreams, it is always while something is happening within the dream that I am bored by i.e. a parade is going by and everyone I am with is interested in the parade and I end up noticing my hand and then the skin on my hand and then something wrong with the skin on my hand, etc.

I have always thought this dream experience was a way of my brain working through how different I feel from other people while I am awake.

It is interesting that your dreams include things that you don't care about. I mean if your mind generates a dream, and your mind doesn't care about X, why would your mind put X into a dream? I am thinking of two possible things that could have happened. Is it one of them?

a) Perhaps you have "vivid dreams", so that your mind needs to put in all details, whether important or not

b) Perhaps you DO care about something IN CONNECTION to what you allegidly "don't care" about. For example, you care about the fact that others care so much about something that seems so unimportant.

Anyway, in my case "omlet skin" was not related to being bored but had a lot more to do with "numbed fear". On the one hand something was wrong but on the other hand it seemed so natural, so I didn't know which way was it. I guess the closest thing to that when I am awake is probably when I forget some of my obligations. On the one hand I have this nagging feeling I forgot something but on the other hand I can't point a finger to anything. Probably this is where that dream originates but thats just a theory. Independently of that, I also had lots of dreams when I ACTUALLY forgot that I had one more final, only to remember about it when the final was already in progress.

But anyway independently of the dream I feel a lot like you do regarding being different from others when it comes to being awake. When I was little I used to find that thought chilling that I don't have to be driven by the same "motor" others are being driven by; but then at 21 my attitude changed to negative when I first learned just how much others look down at me because of that.