Meso-endomorph 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Endo-Mesomorph 7%  7%  [ 6 ]
Endomorph 10%  10%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 92

b9
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 11:30 am

i learned about ecto-meso-endo- morphs when i was a child at a psychiatric school. i found a book in my doctors library that i took to read.

it said that there was a scale of 1-7 for each of the somatotypes.
it said that every person contains all 3 somatotypes, and each somatotype is given a value from 1 to 7 as ascribed to an individual.
the score was rated as ectomorphy(1-7) then mesomorphy (1-7) and then endomorphy (1-7)

so an inherently skinny person with no muscle or fat would be a 7,1,1. (7 ecto, 1 meso, 1 endo)

a huge muscle man with not an ounce of fat on him and with big fat bones would be a 1,7,1. (1 ecto, 7 meso, 1 endo)

a person who is obese and is all flab, but has thin bones and no muscle mass maybe a 1,1,7.

there was a psychological attribute ascribed to each of the 3 somatotypes in the book.

apparently....

ectomorphs: are nervous and edgy. they panic easily and they are prone to paranoia and suspicion. they are usually very guarded.

mesomorphs: are impulsive and rash. they are passionate and lose their tempers easily. they attempt to dominate and strive to control. they think about sex often.

endomorphs: are happy and jocular people. they are content with indulgence. they are the most humerous and relaxed of all the body types.

that is what the book said (over many pages) in a very condensed way.

my body type is about a 3-3-3 given that basis for my understanding which is almost certainly outdated.

Murasame
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Aug 2009, 1:13 pm

I'm definately an ectomorph.

I'm 5'8" tall but only weigh 120lbs. I eat a lot, but never seem to gain any extra weight.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2009, 7:27 pm

Despite the fact that I have gained weight recently (I'm not fat by any means, but I look relatively normal as opposed to scrawny), it's taken me a long time to gain it. I have a slight, light frame and do not gain weight easily and can eat what I like, so that makes me ectomorph.

polymathpoolplayer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Sep 2009, 12:31 am

Guess I'm the first one to own up to being an Endomorph (the kind of guy who gains 5 pounds looking at a doughnut)

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2009, 5:24 pm

Meso-ectomorph. Long spine, shortish legs, quite powerful for my size but almost no endurance.

CactusKid

06 Nov 2009, 10:34 pm

Meso-ectomorph. I do ten reps with a barbell and BAM I got some muscle. 8)

I also can't run for beans... :cry:

In the coming zombie invasion my only hope is out-box the undead. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2009, 3:03 pm

Ectomorph. I can eat whatever I like without weight gain and am extremely thin.

I was surprised that so many of us are extomorph, what with the 50-60% overweight or obese percentage.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2009, 7:18 am

I'm an endo-mesomorph. I have both muscle and flab, and I have that round, angelic face. It makes me wonder how much of my weight is muscle and how much of it is flab. I have a very unusual body type for a woman, but I think it's quite cool, as well.

Lindsey1151
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Feb 2020, 5:41 pm

Murasame wrote:
I'm definately an ectomorph.

I'm 5'8" tall but only weigh 120lbs. I eat a lot, but never seem to gain any extra weight.

Autism caused your body to be like that. I really believe autism affects metabolism

Lindsey1151
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Mar 2022, 12:24 pm

Avarice wrote:
Ectomorph. I can eat whatever I like without weight gain and am extremely thin.

I was surprised that so many of us are extomorph, what with the 50-60% overweight or obese percentage.

I think it's the autism making the brain work extra harder so you are all burning more calories than a typical person!