Need help coming up with boxing combos *boxers only please*

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

AutisticMalcontent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Aug 2008, 12:12 pm

Ok, well I've come up with some good combinations that are simple and effective, and I have them listed down:

Jab (move in), Cross

Jab (move in), Jab, Cross

Jab (move in), Body Jab

[Inside Fighting] Right Uppercut, Left Head Hook, Cross

These are the staple combinations I use on a regular basis when hitting the heavybag and occassionally sparring, however there are two combinations I am curious about and wonder how effective they really are.

Jab (move in), Cross, Left Head Hook, Cross

This combination from past experience works well on shorter opponents (by the way, I am about 6' 205lbs to give you an idea), however they cover up, which leaves the hard Left Hook to the body open, possibly a double Left Hook and a Cross.

The second combination is this:

Jab (move in), Left Head Hook, Cross

This combination has the element of suprise because you expect the Cross, but the Hook sneaks past the front guard and sets up the Cross, which is my best punch.

So tell me which combo do you think I should use and why? Thanks a lot!

-AutisticMalcontent

Praetorius
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Aug 2008, 12:36 am

Step on his toes and then poke his eyes.

regularguy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Aug 2008, 8:59 pm

It seems like you have identified some fine combinations. I would work on all of them so that you will have them mastered and ready to go. I think they are all good combos to have in your arsenal.

Personally, I am fond of hooking off the jab, and finishing it with a hard right cross is sweet, indeed. If you do that well enough, you might not have to throw any more combinations during the bout! :)

Steve
--
"I can make it, I know I can.
You broke the boy in me, but you won't break the man."
--John Parr, "Man in Motion"