Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 8:29 am

my brother said too me earlier "you need too leave the house more its not healthy". i have been unemployed for a long time but in what ways might it be 'unhealthy' too not leave the house much?

Daneeka
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Mar 2012, 9:17 am

People seem to think that sunshine and being social is somehow good for us. I think they see it as 'normal'. Codswallop, if you ask me.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 9:25 am

Unemployed? Maybe trying to save money?

Ask your brother for gas money.

nat4200
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 9:33 am

Redacted

Last edited by nat4200 on 21 Apr 2012, 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 9:38 am

well i usually go out with my friends once a week. is that not really good enough?

JuggaspieZ2k
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Mar 2012, 10:02 am

'Healthy' = Normal. Those sheep want us to be talking with a bunch of idiots 24/7.

Daneeka

12 Mar 2012, 10:02 am

nat4200 wrote:
Daneeka wrote:
People seem to think that sunshine and being social is somehow good for us. I think they see it as 'normal'. Codswallop, if you ask me.

Well, sunshine is a major source of Vitamin D.

So are suppliments :P

@OP: It seems your brother is just making an observation then playing casual therapist. In my eyes: if you think you do it enough, you do it enough. No need to live up to another's standards.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 10:21 am

"@OP: It seems your brother is just making an observation then playing casual therapist. In my eyes: if you think you do it enough, you do it enough. No need to live up to another's standards."

i will be honest with you i do feel a bit unhappy that i am not meeting people at tge moment. my friends are being really hopeless at the moment when it comes too contacting me as well :( i just want too make the most of my life and meet people.

Daneeka

12 Mar 2012, 11:06 am

Jamesy wrote:
"@OP: It seems your brother is just making an observation then playing casual therapist. In my eyes: if you think you do it enough, you do it enough. No need to live up to another's standards."

i will be honest with you i do feel a bit unhappy that i am not meeting people at tge moment. my friends are being really hopeless at the moment when it comes too contacting me as well :( i just want too make the most of my life and meet people.

Well, there's a big world out there, have at it. I know it's hard to do, but, not everyone bites :)

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 11:16 am

Daneeka how could i convince my friends too do more things with me?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 11:46 am

If you believe the air filter commercials indoor pollutants are five times higher than outdoor. :jocolor:

Nah, in seriousness just open a window, open the blinds, and tell him your getting all you need.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Daneeka

12 Mar 2012, 11:51 am

Jamesy wrote:
Daneeka how could i convince my friends too do more things with me?

That's a difficult question for someone in my position to answer. The generic advice would be to try talking to them more. That doesn't help much I know. Could always ask them (politely) why they don't want to hangout more, but some people can't handle that kind of question.

Worse come to worse there are other potential friends out there. Sorry I can't really help you better.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 12:08 pm

-if you stay in the house for too long you might become agoraphobic
-you might develop social anxiety or any other anxieties
-you might get depression and if you already have depression it might get worse
-it's good for your body to go outside and get fresh air and sun
-you might gain a lot of weight if you never go outside and you don't work out
-it's not good for your social life
-it's not very stimulating for your brain if you never go outside

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 12:18 pm

Well I don't know about anyone else but I tend to start getting really sick of myself, if I stay inside one place too long...so eventually I have to go outside at least for a minute just to keep my sanity intact.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 12:28 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well I don't know about anyone else but I tend to start getting really sick of myself, if I stay inside one place too long...so eventually I have to go outside at least for a minute just to keep my sanity intact.

Yeah...I'm not the kind of person that needs too much social interaction but I do need to socialize at least once a week so I don't go too crazy. Also, I don't feel good about myself if I don't go anywhere. Lately, it's been pretty bad for me.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2012, 12:39 pm

lostgirl1986 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Yeah...I'm not the kind of person that needs too much social interaction but I do need to socialize at least once a week so I don't go too crazy. Also, I don't feel good about myself if I don't go anywhere. Lately, it's been pretty bad for me.

I like to socially interact, but only with people I'm comfortable with......I still need time to myself though, but yeah as pathetic as this might sound....I feel like I would go insane if I was alone with myself too long mostly because I have no way of knowing if I'd start getting hit with PTSD symptoms, an anxiety attack or if my depression will get to the point I am considering suicide and obviously if something like that happens and I'm alone whats to stop me from doing something harmful?

So yeah, that is an issue I have......at the same time though I would prefer the insanity to being stuck around a bunch of people who dislike me. I already had 12 years of that. I also feel worse than usual if I stay inside too long.