Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2013, 12:57 pm

I keep having really severe itchy ears, equally in both inner ears. I know a lot of people get itchy ears but mine's not just occasionally, it's every day. It's an irritating feeling that I can't ignore, and all I want to do is shove cotton buds in there to really scratch the itch, but I'm told I'm not allowed. I have used cotton buds before, and despite it being wrong to use them inside the ear, I actually got out loads of wax with them and it made me feel less blocked and less itchy too.

But it just feels dry in the inner ears, and the severe itching even wakes me up in the night and sometimes it's so bad that I don't know what to do. I've got to be careful of what medicines I use in my ears because I have permanent holes in my eardrums where I had permanent gromits took in and out. I have been to the doctors but whatever they give me doesn't stop the itching. I use olive oil drops, which does help to moisten the inner ears and stop the itching, but it soon comes back.

Is there anyone ekse that suffer with itchy ears? What do you think causes it and what do you do to get rid of it?

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2013, 5:22 pm

Ear wax. I have the same problem. You need an earwax cleaner, it's a little plastic stick with a loop on the end. Then after you've cleaned the blockage, you can go in with cotton swabs and clean out the rest of the outer ear. Ear wax just builds and builds if not cleaned.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2013, 8:33 am

Have a doctor prescribe you

Generic Name: Mometasone
Brand Names: Elocon

I take the generic. It does help with the itchy ears.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)