Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 10:54 am

Hey everyone, i'm extremely introverted, have aspergers and have been struggling with anxiety for most of my life.

I've been postponing a visite to an investor i gotta make but i've stood in front of his house for several time and my anxiety just creates a wall between me and the house, i just start crying and i get sick, it's so frustrating to the point that i paid my mom to make an appointment for me with the investor but she doesn't dare it either cause she postpones it herself. No one really understands my anxiety so i feel weak quite often.

I just need the courage to ring his bell(tho the bell is at a gate and the guy is rich and famous so it's a really defensive situation.

Any advice? i probably didn't explain myself fully so please ask any questions, i'm too frustrated to write a full and beautiful post.

I have lots of dreams and i really have to do this in order to get on with my life, i know that i'm just 17 but please don't make any comments regarding my age, this is what i wanna do and nothing can change my mind.

Thanks alot, Chris.

PM's are allowed, i'm lonely..

Aspie score: 182-200

Don't know what to say.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 11:01 am

That's so familiar to me! I would always walk around the block a few times before plucking up the courage. Not sure how but I think I managed to convince myself that it was do or die, that if I chickened out I would never get anywhere in life because that one decision WAS every future decision. Superrationality with my future self as the 'opponent'. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superrationality

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 11:07 am

fraac wrote:
That's so familiar to me! I would always walk around the block a few times before plucking up the courage. Not sure how but I think I managed to convince myself that it was do or die, that if I chickened out I would never get anywhere in life because that one decision WAS every future decision. Superrationality with my future self as the 'opponent'. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superrationality

Thanks for the quick reply, i probably have seen every inch of the block so that really doesn't work, it works till i stand in front of the house(which i have more than 5 times). i've been thinking about getting myself drunk but i doubt they will let a drunk person in their house.

I have a very strong mind and can be very courageous but it really feels like a barrier.. it's unexplainable.

Don't know what to say.

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 11:14 am

I sent you a PM. Like a little helium balloon with a basket and a note inside.

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 11:17 am

mntn13 wrote:
I sent you a PM. Like a little helium balloon with a basket and a note inside.

And i replied, i was ready to bite on any content i got :D

Don't know what to say.

glasstoria
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jan 2012, 11:24 am

Sometimes my therapist says that i need to tell myself "I can do this, even though I don't want to". I find it to be helpful sometimes, but less helpful other times.

Xanax really helps me to get over those moments when something must be done but I Just would rather eat my own fingernails off than face the amount of anxiety I have about it. Just my experience, I dont know if this is an option that is possible for you. But sometimes you need a little help to get unstuck, or
least I do. Or I need a lot of help.

I hope you feel better and can move forward.

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 12:12 pm

glasstoria wrote:
Sometimes my therapist says that i need to tell myself "I can do this, even though I don't want to". I find it to be helpful sometimes, but less helpful other times.

Xanax really helps me to get over those moments when something must be done but I Just would rather eat my own fingernails off than face the amount of anxiety I have about it. Just my experience, I dont know if this is an option that is possible for you. But sometimes you need a little help to get unstuck, or

Yea i actually think i need so medicinal help, i'm as far as telling myself i can do it and all of that but my body just stops me.. is Xanax really effective or is it just a minor difference?

Don't know what to say.

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 5:10 pm

I've made good experiences with chamomile tea (very calmative) and valerian and hops pills. Valerian is a herbal over-the-counter drug that might make you a bit sleepy (it's usually used as a sleeping aid), but it also relaxes a lot and greatly helps with anxiety. Hops also has a calmative effect.

Certain foods can help too. Cheese, bananas and chocolate increase your serotonin level, which improves your mood and lowers anxiety. If I were you, I'd have a cheese sandwich, a banana, some dark chocolate and a valerian + hops pill an hour before you leave the house, and drink two cups of chamomile tea right before you leave.

Edited to add: Alcohol is a very bad idea btw, since it tends to make anxiety problems worse over time (and sometimes causes them in the first place).

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jan 2012, 8:03 pm

Christopherwillson wrote:
glasstoria wrote:

Yea i actually think i need so medicinal help, i'm as far as telling myself i can do it and all of that but my body just stops me.. is Xanax really effective or is it just a minor difference?

I would suggest Buspar if you want something to take regularly instead of just as needed. Buspar is the only med specifically for anxiety. I never tried Xanax but I but I been on Klonopin which is another benzodiazepine which is kind of similar to Xanax(I think) & it didn't help my anxiety at all & I think it was a little harder for me to focus & concentrate on it. Benzodiazepines slow down the nervous system but Buspar doesn't. Only side-effect I notice from Buspar is that I bruise easier but I bruised easily before.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition