Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

FunsizedK
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Mar 2015, 12:02 am

I have multiple food allergies to tree nuts, ginger, wheat, barley rye and oats, mild asthma, hashimotos disease, depression, anxiety and I don't know how or when to date or anything. Make things worse I'm a lesbian and zero experience in dating, kissing, Etc. I can't find/get a job ugh I have severe light sound sensitivity. Also working on new type of GED test now called HiSET. Going to neuro Wednesday testing... I just needed to get this off my chest. lmao Any other lesbians can help with info? I'm 23 going on 24 in july and look 15 or 16 :lol: And no friends but can make them it's just I leave them.. :(

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 2:07 am

What do you want information about?

FunsizedK
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Mar 2015, 12:08 pm

Not sure lol advice maybe? just getting my thoughts out it's easier to write. :?

tagnacious
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Mar 2015, 3:15 pm

FunsizedK wrote:
I have multiple food allergies to tree nuts, ginger, wheat, barley rye and oats, mild asthma, hashimotos disease, depression, anxiety and I don't know how or when to date or anything. Make things worse I'm a lesbian and zero experience in dating, kissing, Etc. I can't find/get a job ugh I have severe light sound sensitivity. Also working on new type of GED test now called HiSET. Going to neuro Wednesday testing... I just needed to get this off my chest. lmao Any other lesbians can help with info? I'm 23 going on 24 in july and look 15 or 16 :lol: And no friends but can make them it's just I leave them.. :(

I'm a lesbian. If you need companionship or have a more specific question, I'd be happy to answer. I didn't start to date until I was 25 either. Its pretty normal for people on the spectrum to start with that stuff later. We're just busy with other stuff when we are younger.

I remember feeling very put upon by the lesbian community because I hadn't had my first time with a woman. There's this thing in lesbian circles about newly out women "don't be her first, because you know you won't be her last." It was really disheartening. But also, sometimes women will say that you aren't "really" a lesbian until you've had sex with a woman. I felt like a leper. My solution was to loose my virginity to a woman who wasn't really right for me, but she had a fettish for virgins, so it worked. I certainly don't feel like she victimized me. I was using her as much as she was using me, but I wish that I had figured out a way to be sexual with a person I could actually form a connection with. That, I suppose, is one of the most aspie-ish things about me. I just don't make connections easily. When I do, its a surprise and a delight. But it usually doesn't deepen.

If you are worried about all the food issues being a barrier to dating, don't. Every single lesbo I know has some kind of food allergy or sensitivity. Its very popular right now. Or maybe lesbianism is caused by a reaction to wheat? (lol. That is defiantly a joke, not an invitation to a forum war.)

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2015, 5:44 pm

OP, have you tried lesbian forums? Shoe.org is a nice one. If you are a more social person, definitely get out and try some lesbian social events.

tagnacious wrote:
I remember feeling very put upon by the lesbian community because I hadn't had my first time with a woman.

I came up against this attitude at least a couple of times myself. I forced myself to go to a weekly lgbt social (which I DO NOT recommend), and someone there told me that I was bi-curious just because I hadn't dated anyone yet, even though I had said that I was a lesbian. That confused me because it hadn't occurred to me that experience was a major determinant of one's sexual/romantic interests.

Even worse, in college my therapist encouraged me to have sex with someone I had just recently met because I "didn't really know" if I liked it yet.

This is a form of lesbiphobia. The smallest child could talk about dating and marrying someone of the opposite sex, and most people would not question it; but if a fully grown adult says that she is lesbian without sexual and/or dating experience, people assume that she doesn't really know what she wants.

FunsizedK
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Mar 2015, 9:30 pm

Well, I REALLY do have food allergies... carry epi pens and benadryl everywhere. The whole first time s**t ugh yeah whatever. People always suspected I was gay but I didn't start feeling "sexually" towards others until 18 or 19 realized I was gay around 20. Visiting California confirmed it for me lol... I'm in Massachusetts and when I'm able to I'm going to western Massachusetts so.. I don't drink, do clubs or any of that s**t. :|

FunsizedK
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Apr 2015, 1:18 pm

So, I got my diagnosis yesterday and I have ADHD possibly NVLD and a few others my neuro said. I wondering just how similar all these disorders are really especially people who self diagnosis? well anyway I'm not sure which type of ADHD I have but hopefully I will soon. My doc said my math ain't so great but my language skills are at around/above college level. I don't do well on meds (pediatrician) when 12 diagnosed me with ADHD but I didn't believe him but he was right. I'm aware dopamaine is an issue for ADHD but is there another way to help (ie: supplements, Etc.). She said I am really intelligent. Just giving a heads up on that. How many here really have AS, Autism, Etc

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 2:30 pm

FunsizedK wrote:
So, I got my diagnosis yesterday and I have ADHD possibly NVLD and a few others my neuro said.

Possibly NVLD? The doctor isn't sure? Do you have to go back for more tests?

FunsizedK
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Apr 2015, 5:21 pm

Well, she said I have many symptoms resembling aspergers, adhd/add, autism, Etc. but she used a visual method to show me I definitely have ADHD. NVLD "possibly" it looks it but like I said my situation is confusing... My psychologist/neuro has said I have ADHD lol maybe a math disorder? I'll find out more the 24th with my psychologist... she understands more than others I have seen. But are there ways to improve dopamaine besides just exercise?

tagnacious
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Apr 2015, 8:55 pm

Yes. There is plenty to do for ADHD besides exercise. There are herbs to try. I might try a combination of Ginko and Reishi mushroom, maybe with a bit of St. John's Wort and a nice base of stinging nettles, but that's just me. I can't suggest more without knowing you. (Don't mix herbs with pharma-drugs until you know what you are doing. Use one or the other, not both.)

There is biofeedback, which is cool because its all high tech. There is low tech acupuncture. There are cognative-behavioral methods to try. There is a world of help for executive functioning problems that tend to come with all of the disorders you've listed. Meditation has been clinically proven to alter brain chemistry positively.

Remember the limitations of doctors and their tests. They don't provide solid reality. They are a guess and they use lables that are more fad based than reality based. They usually have good intentions. They want to help. But the field of neuropsychology is very wishy-washy. Basically, if it helps, keep it. If it doesn't help, don't.

This forum is a perfect example. Its for aspies, but after the DSM-V was published, suddenly aspergers doesn't exist anymore. Did everyone change? No. The label changed because the science showed what they used to see as true actually isn't. We aren't so different from autistics who are more significantly affected. We are just more mildly affected by the same thing.

tagnacious
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Apr 2015, 8:59 pm

To go back to the original topic, if you want to have a good experience of being a lezzie and an aspie, I recommend going to the Michigan Womyn's Music Festival. There are lesbians all over the place there. And its accepted. And being a loner is OK there, too. And if you want to have sex with a woman, just to try it, this is a place where you can do so safely. There is a strong culture of safe, sane, sober and consensual sex at this festival. If you want it, you can find it.

FunsizedK
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Apr 2015, 10:38 pm

Um.. The festival thing nope lol I ain't like that. I'm a demisexual lesbian. I was diagnosed with adhd at 12 put on ritalin later adderall but they are to much for me... I don't know what type of adhd I got and I think I got the combined type but idk... ugh Anyone drive with adhd? I get scared and have bad depth perception. :cry:

RoseDuste
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Apr 2015, 2:54 am

I am 26 and I have never had a girlfriend, or even been on a date. I thought I was biromantic and asexual until about age 19, then realised I was a lesbian. I have been saying I'm demisexual, but never having been intimate with someone I don't know if I still may be asexual. I was ready to start dating at 19, but I have very few crushes and I've never met anyone who liked me back.
It's beyond a joke now. It makes me furious and more suicidal that nothing's happened yet. I see other people dating all these people and I cant work out how they manage to even meet that many girls, let alone have them want to date them! I can only assume they meet at clubs, which I don't like. And being NT must work wonders apparently!

I may have ADD and I've been driving since I was 16, accident free. It's definitely better and quicker if you can take yourself around places. I'd never leave the house if I had to take public transport. For you, I'd be more worried about the depth perception than lack of attention. I was a nervous driver when I started, but you pick up confidence. I still like to have plenty of space for lane changes, right hand turns, etc. The main thing is to keep a safe stopping distance. That way even if you're not quite paying as much attention as you should, if the car in front stops suddenly you have a better chance of being able to pull up in time.

FunsizedK
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Apr 2015, 12:27 pm

How do I fix the depth perception issue to drive? I don't do well on meds... And I don't know which ADHD I got. :?

tagnacious
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Apr 2015, 6:28 pm

FunsizedK wrote:
Um.. The festival thing nope lol I ain't like that. I'm a demisexual lesbian. I was diagnosed with adhd at 12 put on ritalin later adderall but they are to much for me... I don't know what type of adhd I got and I think I got the combined type but idk... ugh Anyone drive with adhd? I get scared and have bad depth perception. :cry:

ADHD does not cause depth perception issues. NVLD does, as does some other conditions. There's a off the norm one called Irlene syndrome you might want to investigate, just for giggles. Some people find that Irlene therapy (colored glasses) helps.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 10:24 pm

Seems like maybe you need to ask your doctor or look at the psychological report you got so that you know exactly what your diagnoses are.