Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2015, 10:11 pm

I have had a lot of conflict with my gender, and since I was 15, I never felt like I had the right one. I've identify myself as transgender, but don't reveal it to anyone, as I fear what others think (thus why I am here).

I wish that I really was female, but not physically. I want people to treat me as such.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2015, 1:58 am

Quote:
I wish that I really was female, but not physically. I want people to treat me as such.

So ... You wish you were female and people would treat you like a girl - I'm guessing you're male bodied? If you were FtM you wouldn't want to be treated like a woman. If you don't want to be physically female I'd say its going to be tough to inspire others to treat you like a girl, unless you adopted a more androgynous look without actually having to transition medically. Either way, I'd say tackle the issue, especially if its making you uneasy. :)

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2015, 4:51 am

BeggingTurtle wrote:
I have had a lot of conflict with my gender, and since I was 15, I never felt like I had the right one. I've identify myself as transgender, but don't reveal it to anyone, as I fear what others think (thus why I am here).

Treat you as such in what sense?

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2015, 4:58 am

If you are confused about your gender, just imagine how the people around you are going to feel? Still, a lot of people will be nice and at least try to refer to you in the gender of your choice. But you'll be doing a lot of "educating" which might make you miserable.

mizplazed
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 May 2015, 2:12 pm

In my family, we say "gender is fluid." :D My family definition is also fluid, too.

Gender is not black and white, male or female. Find some T groups online and explore this issue more.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 9:22 pm

C2V wrote:
I'd say its going to be tough to inspire others to treat you like a girl, unless you adopted a more androgynous look without actually having to transition medically.

I don't cross dress (parents probably drag me to mental institution nor will my sister appreciate me taking her clothes) The clothes that I already wear can be both male/female.

MollyTroubletail wrote:
A lot of people will be nice and at least try to refer to you in the gender of your choice.

I have told some people and they've been accommodating towards it.
i appreciate on the replies here and I think that it's better for me to at least do something about it. :?