Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 4:21 pm

Discuss : -

I'd consider myself bisexual, or pansexual, but for both romantic and sexual attraction I lean more towards men.

I hate the idea of bisexuals being greedy, it's not like we all have both boyfriends and girlfriends at the same time - unfortunately!

Saying bisexuals are greedy is like saying if you are attracted to both brunettes and blonds that you're greedy - okay so sex/gender is a little different to hair colour, but it's still that although men and women are different so offer different things, all people will differ so whichever sex a partner is they're always going to bring something different to the last partner. But then I'd rather if my boyfriend were to cheat that it would be with a man rather than another woman, if he was to run off with another woman it'd be because she was better than me, where as if he ran off with a man it'd be because he wanted something I couldn't give.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 4:34 pm

The title of the thread makes me LOL

But seriously, if someone had 5 girlfriends and three boyfriends at the same time, that person gets a high five from me. Besides, as for the "greedy" part, I'm pretty sure that if you are OK with someone being with 3 other people, then surely he/she will be OK with you going off and dating someone else. So why people say that...I don't know. I suppose it stems from the idea that "normal" people date one person at a time.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 5:51 pm

The notion is utter and complete nonsense.

It is a matter between two people whether or not their relationship is closed or open. If they agree that their relationship is closed, then it is closed, and one partner's bisexuality does not give that partner permission to unilaterally open it.

There are plenty of people out their who are completely heterosexual or completely homosexual who seem incapable of sustaining a sexual relationship with only one other person. Their sexual orientation is not a precondition to this.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 5:54 pm

The title to this thread made my eye twitch and I was ready to get mean when I opened it. :lol:

What's even worse than being called greedy is being called confused. I am not confused.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 6:03 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
The title to this thread made my eye twitch and I was ready to get mean when I opened it. :lol:

What's even worse than being called greedy is being called confused. I am not confused.

I've not been called confused...the one time I'm not confused, lol.
I've seen that a lot in guys who are bi though - my ex and his ex both being examples, more so as one is now married to a woman and the other wants to marry a woman...they'll either get 'you're gay in denial' or because they want to end-up with women 'you were just confused'.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 6:06 pm

Bloodheart wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:

I've not been called confused...the one time I'm not confused, lol.
I've seen that a lot in guys who are bi though - my ex and his ex both being examples, more so as one is now married to a woman and the other wants to marry a woman...they'll either get 'you're gay in denial' or because they want to end-up with women 'you were just confused'.

I got married to a man, so that's probably why I've gotten it. I've even been told I'm no longer bisexual because, of course, your partner is who defines your sexual/romantic preferences.

Back in high school, several people told me to 'pick a team and stick with it'. I refuse. :-D

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 6:17 pm

Regardless of bisexuality, no one is more greedy than my brother (straight) used to be when he was at school.

He once had 6 girls on the go at the same time, no word of a lie. He recently broke up with his girlfriend (this time only being the 1, apparently), and has since had loads of girls texting him. He's very overweight and has started smoking, but he could still get whatever girl he wants, whenever.

That's not say at all that his life is amazing, though. So, so many countless things have gone wrong for him. He can't have it all without some sort of dramatic consequence.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 6:21 pm

That reminds me of a great experience I had in a sexual health clinic years ago...strange how often I say this...anyhow...

Nurse made asked me - 'Are you heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual?'
At the time I considered myself asexual so said - 'None of the above'
Puzzled she insisted that I had to be one of these.
After 15 minutes trying to explain to her that I didn't have to be one of these three sexualities and that although knowing who a patient has had sex with is a factor that doing so based on sexuality is flawed...even before you get into arguments about what is male and female, what constitutes sex, what sex acts are a risk factor, etc....I gave up and informed her - 'I've only had sex with men, so far'
Her response, in the tone you'd expect to hear from a primary school teacher to a five-year-old - 'That means you're heterosexual...het·er·o·sex·u·al...when you have sex with someone of the opposite sex that's what heterosexual means'

*facepalm*

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 6:29 pm

Bloodheart wrote:
That reminds me of a great experience I had in a sexual health clinic...strange how often I say this...anyhow...

Nurse made asked me - 'Are you heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual?'
At the time I considered myself asexual so said - 'None of the above'
Puzzled she insisted that I had to be one of these.
After 15 minutes trying to explain to her that I didn't have to be one of these three sexualities and that although knowing who a patient has had sex with is a factor that doing so based on sexuality is flawed...even before you get into arguments about what is male and female, what constitutes sex, what sex acts are a risk factor, etc....I gave up and informed her - 'I've only had sex with men, so far'
Her response, in the tone you'd expect to hear from a primary school teacher to a five-year-old - 'That means you're heterosexual...het·er·o·sex·u·al...when you have sex with someone of the opposite sex that's what heterosexual means'

*facepalm*

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2011, 6:45 pm

I am greedy.

I ate all the pies.

Well, all the hot cross buns, anyway.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 8:35 am

bisexuals are the most open-minded.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 1:21 pm

I've only ever known this to be said in jest!

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 2:26 pm

Bloodheart wrote:
I'd consider myself bisexual, or pansexual, but for both romantic and sexual attraction I lean more towards men.

Try "uncivil" for size. :roll:

The year is still young.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 3:40 pm

Ambivalence wrote:
Bloodheart wrote:

Try "uncivil" for size. :roll:

Huh?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2011, 7:25 pm

MasterJedi wrote:
bisexuals are the most open-minded.

Yes we are I would love to have a girlfriend and a boyfriend at the same time id get the best of both worlds

spectre6691
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 May 2011, 4:25 pm

In my first year of college I took a health class and the teacher said exactly that with a straight face. Before that i had never stood up to a teacher before in the classroom. She defended that its her opinion and I told her that this is a class of facts. Stick to teaching facts. I don't give a **** about your opinion.