Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

nathanael
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 May 2011, 12:43 am

Having AS allows me to visualize human interaction, and being gay gives me extra insight into gender and sexuality that I don't think a straight person could grasp. I could be wrong of course, but I recognize which behaviors are sexual. It is amazing how much sexuality drives NT interaction. Social occasions are fascinating because of all the complex mating behavior. I find it so incredible that people don't see how much time is spent engaging in sexual competition. I went to an art gallery with a friend to see the art and quickly realized how little time is actually spent enjoying the art. Everything from their presence in the gallery, to the make-up women wear, to the clothes, hair, walking style, level of alertness, colognes, the people around them are all symbols meant to communicate their desire. It is incredible how much time people spend engaging in sexual behavior. No wonder nothing gets done.

nathanael
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 May 2011, 1:01 am

Looking through these forums has helped me realize that it is not just NTs that are ignorant of sexual competition. :) there are some pretty sexual posts.

I am certainly not immune to sexual pleasure, so I am not saying that I am any better than anybody. I have just as many instincts. I just wish to comment on how much prejudice is based upon sexual competition and that people really feel that social positioning is a worthwhile use of brain power. Who knows, it may be mostly instinctual.

I find it amusing when people attack each other with the assumption that an individual's position in the sexual competition is a source of self esteem. Don't let attacks on your appearance discourage you. Remember that ad hominem attacks are fallacious in nature, and their effectiveness is based upon the weaknesses of your self esteem. Most often these attacks seem to be a defense mechanism to reestablish their self worth.

This is why I hate politics. We are so limited in terms of reason.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 1:41 pm

I honestly haven't a clue what you're talking about. I don't think I pick up on these things even when they're right in my face. :lol:

the_curmudge
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2011, 2:36 pm

nathanael wrote:
I find it so incredible that people don't see how much time is spent engaging in sexual competition. I went to an art gallery with a friend to see the art and quickly realized how little time is actually spent enjoying the art. Everything from their presence in the gallery, to the make-up women wear, to the clothes, hair, walking style, level of alertness, colognes, the people around them are all symbols meant to communicate their desire. It is incredible how much time people spend engaging in sexual behavior. No wonder nothing gets done.

Very amusing, nathanael, and true. I would add that this behavior is encouraged because it keeps people spending.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 10:39 am

Why should we be surprised?

Evolution arises because we are sexual beings, and it tends to reinforce the primacy of sexuality. The traits that are the most successful are those that promote the likelihood of producing viable offspring, and those that do not impede sexual reproduction.

Being gay does not change our nature as sexual beings. Testosterone still imposes the same drive, regardless of the objective of that drive.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

10 May 2011, 4:15 pm

I dont like fashion, not too big on art and hardly watch TV. i feel a punk rock song comming on 8)

Andre_br
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 May 2011, 7:22 pm

The way I see society is that to really shine at social life you must be a great lier and look like very conforming to what people expect. When we talk about gender we are talking about, at least, two different subjects, a) the biological differentiation between males and females, and b) the cultural conceptions for what is "proper" to expect from those identified as males or females. About biology, there is very little dispute, so I'm not talking about it here. Now, about societal expectations, oh, that's a great topic!
We live in a world of ilusions, in a society where it doesn't matter who you really are, but who you look like to be. The better someone is able to keep the illusion about who they are, the better they are at social games. It's no secret for those who are close to universities that people who major psicology, philosophy, or any other area that needs you to know the "true human nature" in order to be good at what you do, are more propense to become very cynical at human behavior in the context of a society. The main reason, for me, seens to be that you're just better at you do in these areas if you forget your romantic views about people.
Okay, back to the subject, the way people expect this or that gender to behave has to do with social games that everybody plays, willing it or not. And people just can't stop playing this game 'cause they confuse the game for their own lives, I mean, they can't differentiate anymore between living their own lives and playing this social game, for them they both feel all the same.

kiwi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2011, 3:15 am

nathanael wrote:
Having AS allows me to visualize human interaction, and being gay gives me extra insight into gender and sexuality that I don't think a straight person could grasp. I could be wrong of course, but I recognize which behaviors are sexual. It is amazing how much sexuality drives NT interaction. Social occasions are fascinating because of all the complex mating behavior. I find it so incredible that people don't see how much time is spent engaging in sexual competition. I went to an art gallery with a friend to see the art and quickly realized how little time is actually spent enjoying the art. Everything from their presence in the gallery, to the make-up women wear, to the clothes, hair, walking style, level of alertness, colognes, the people around them are all symbols meant to communicate their desire. It is incredible how much time people spend engaging in sexual behavior. No wonder nothing gets done.

Yeah no wonder nothing gets done.

mmm I went to an Art Gallery opening, new shirt, hair done, glass of red wine in hand.
and snapped I was, (many photos were taken)

hmmm...

I was interested in the art, and making art, but yes it's nice to feel confident. And clothes help me feel confident. lols I mean Good clothes = confidence.