Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jan 2011, 3:21 am

I feel like im the only one

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 4:42 am

While I'm not a full-blown lesbian, I am bisexual. I started becoming aware of my feelings for girls when I was around 8 or 9. When I was about 15 or 16, I became obsessed with GLBT culture and became addicted to slash (same-sex) pairings in fanfiction, which is something I'm still quite passionate about today. I was (and to a degree, still am) in love with my childhood best friend. If gay marriage were legal, I would have wanted nothing more than to be her wife. Too bad my feelings were unrequited. :( My current best friend is also bi and there is quite a bit of chemistry between us, but she is in a relationship with a man as of now. If they ever break up, I might ask her to be my girlfriend.

I'm also sexually and romantically attracted to British actress Helena Bonham Carter, the girlfriend of my favorite director (Tim Burton) and the one who plays my favorite character in Sweeney Todd (Mrs. Lovett).

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 5:29 am

I have noticed a lot of bisexual talk from the Aspie women on WP, but no lesbians that I can recall. Seem to be quite the minority around here.

Autumnsteps
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jan 2011, 7:47 am

Another lesbian aspie here :)

syrella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 9:33 am

Bisexual here. I just don't think gender is all that important when it comes to finding love, so I'll date both men and women when the feelings are there. I too was in love with my best friend growing up and I always imagined she and I would move in together and live happily ever after. I hadn't even thought of trying to find a husband.

That said, I generally don't become attracted to anyone until I spend a lot of time with them or they are very interesting to me intellectually. I'm an extreme case where the physical attraction I experience is very limited. So looks alone don't do much for me. I thought I was asexual for a bit, but nah... I like people just fine. 8) I'm just attracted to them in a slightly different manner.

nixie
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jan 2011, 10:19 am

You're not alone. I'm a lesbian aspie :D & Helena Bonham Carter is cute.

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 5:47 pm

I'm not a lesbian aspie but I do have a question. Do you face the same problems getting a girlfriend that some of the guys do here on Love and Dating? Are gay NT women more understanding when it comes to autism?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 11:50 pm

bucephalus wrote:
I'm not a lesbian aspie but I do have a question. Do you face the same problems getting a girlfriend that some of the guys do here on Love and Dating? Are gay NT women more understanding when it comes to autism?

My bisexual friend is one of the most understanding people I have ever met outside of my parents. I'm not sure whether she technically counts as NT though because she has been diagnosed with ADHD and unspecified learning disabilities.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 12:29 am

I am "pansexual" or just bisexual if you prefer to narrow it down. I'm currently looking for a my first girlfriend. It's tough.

spashley93
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Feb 2011, 1:05 am

bucephalus wrote:
Yes i do i think alot of people with aspergers have the same problem

Rat_Barzane
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Feb 2011, 2:12 am

bucephalus wrote:

Yah same problems.. Also rather too easy to get picked up by predator types :? Due to the difficulty in finding lesbians that actually like you..
In my experience anyway

Your Aspie score: 155 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

-froggo-
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 1:55 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
While I'm not a full-blown lesbian, I am bisexual. I started becoming aware of my feelings for girls when I was around 8 or 9. When I was about 15 or 16, I became obsessed with GLBT culture and became addicted to slash (same-sex) pairings in fanfiction, which is something I'm still quite passionate about today. .

I also like slash fanfiction, I'm a lesbian, though.

Atrice
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Feb 2011, 5:56 pm

I'm bisexual, but really that's just my lazy way of saying that I'm attracted to effeminate men and masculine women (is there a word for someone who's attracted to androgynous people?). But since effeminate men are typically gay, I'm much more likely to end up with a girl in the long run :P

Cinder
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Mar 2011, 3:10 am

@Atrice,

I am also attracted to androgynous people, but I like the term "gender playful" better.

-Cinder

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 8:17 am

I'm pretty lez-tastic. You're definitely not alone.

Frankie_J
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Mar 2011, 3:37 pm

Delirium wrote:
I'm pretty lez-tastic. You're definitely not alone.

+1