Regarding the story that I am writing

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

ErikMouse
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Apr 2005, 9:54 pm

Okay, this is really confusing me both ways and I already had enough confusion for one day. I was talking about my story and WrongPlanet.org and I'm being told one way to get the story on WrongPlanet.org, and the other way I'm being told that WrongPlanet.org isn't ready for it yet and to post it here on PlanetMobius.net instead. How would I know where to put it if you don't get your minds straight? And since it is going to be a long story when it is finished, how would I get it up. Would I have to e-mail the file to someone who has administrative access to the board or would I have to get it binded first at a library or someplace and then postal mail it to someone at WrongPlanet? Please let me know because I am also tired of being made the fool of, thank you very much.

"I'm very kind, and easy to please! I'll be your friend, if you give me some cheese!"

alex
Developer
Developer

06 Apr 2005, 9:18 am

Email it to me and I'll put it on both sites.

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2005, 10:21 am

Quote:
I am also tired of being made the fool of, thank you very much.

I can totally understand why Erik Mouse. And so am I.

And now after telling you that you can't you are now being told that it can be done, by the same person.

Alex it would help if you stop hopping fences.

alex
Developer
Developer

06 Apr 2005, 10:26 am

ElfMan wrote:
Quote:
I am also tired of being made the fool of, thank you very much.

I can totally understand why Erik Mouse. And so am I.

And now after telling you that you can't you are now being told that it can be done, by the same person.

Alex it would help if you stop hopping fences.

I'm not hopping fences. When Erik told me he wanted to put it on org, I told him it couldn't be done. This was true as a result of the fact that .org has been down because of the poor hosting service. The site is back up now, so it can be done. We are looking at possibly integrating the database between org and net so we won't have any duplication of efforts.

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2005, 10:29 am

On WrongPlanet.org you can add an attachment when you are creating a post. So if you would like, you can make your own Thread for your story, make a few comments in a post about it, and add the story as an attachment.

I just went and found the spex for you. I hope this helps mate

Allowed Extension Groups and their Sizes
Archives -> Maximum Upload Size: Unlimited
ace gtar gz rar tar zip

Images -> Maximum Upload Size: Unlimited
gif jpeg jpg png tga tif

ElfMan

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2005, 10:35 am

Quote:
Apologies for the downtime today, this appears to have been caused by a server problem. Changes and new features are pending here and on WrongPlanet.net - we'll keep you posted.
Dunc

Posted by duncvis Friday, 01 April 2005 (20:46:13)

Quote:
ErikMouse

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:54 am Post subject: My Fan Fiction/Story Work Needing Viewers

Quote:
When Erik told me he wanted to put it on org, I told him it couldn't be done. This was true as a result of the fact that .org has been down because of the poor hosting service.

Hmm... why do I still feel like things are not adding up with you Alex? You are confusing me.

alex
Developer
Developer

06 Apr 2005, 10:38 am

ElfMan wrote:
Quote:
Apologies for the downtime today, this appears to have been caused by a server problem. Changes and new features are pending here and on WrongPlanet.net - we'll keep you posted.
Dunc

Posted by duncvis Friday, 01 April 2005 (20:46:13)

Quote:
ErikMouse

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:54 am Post subject: My Fan Fiction/Story Work Needing Viewers

Quote:
When Erik told me he wanted to put it on org, I told him it couldn't be done. This was true as a result of the fact that .org has been down because of the poor hosting service.

Hmm... why do I still feel like things are not adding up with you Alex? You are confusing me.

I don't understand. How am I confusing you? And now .org is down so it looks like we won't be able to add it yet. I'm really sorry for the inconveniences though. Dunc and I have been talking and he agreed that it might be a good idea to look into switching hosting providers.

Last edited by alex on 06 Apr 2005, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

ErikMouse
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Apr 2005, 10:39 am

ElfMan wrote:
On WrongPlanet.org you can add an attachment when you are creating a post. So if you would like, you can make your own Thread for your story, make a few comments in a post about it, and add the story as an attachment.

ace gtar gz rar tar zip

gif jpeg jpg png tga tif

ElfMan

Only problem that I see there is that I save my story either in .doc, .rtf, or in .htm, .html

Erik Mouse

"I'm very kind, and easy to please! I'll be your friend, if you give me some cheese!"

alex
Developer
Developer

06 Apr 2005, 10:47 am

ErikMouse wrote:
ElfMan wrote:

ace gtar gz rar tar zip

gif jpeg jpg png tga tif

ElfMan

Only problem that I see there is that I save my story either in .doc, .rtf, or in .htm, .html

Erik Mouse

Email it as RTF or html to [email protected] for the time being. You can submit it as a story from the Writing and Poetry section as well if you'd prefer to do that.

ErikMouse
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Apr 2005, 10:54 am

alex wrote:
I don't understand. How am I confusing you? And now .org is down so it looks like we won't be able to add it yet. I'm really sorry for the inconveniences though. Dunc and I have been talking and he agreed that it might be a good idea to look into switching hosting providers.

Hoo boy, at this rate about the .org, I hope that we can figure out something of where I can put my story (long) so that people would be able to read it.

Erik Mouse

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2005, 2:05 pm

Hi Erik

Hopefully this should clear up any confusion.

Alex is right in that I am currently considering switching hosts, however this will not affect wrongplanet.org other than that server performance will be more consistent. However, wrongplanet.org is open, and is accepting submissions should you wish to make one, however I can understand your confusion over the site's status.

The list of extensions that was supplied by ElfMan with the best intentions is actually the list of banned extensions for file uploads - the extensions you specified are fine - though the image extensions were correct.

Hope that helps, and sorry for any confusion - obviously you are welcome to post your story wherever you choose. If you want your story to be seen by more people here as opposed to being part of a project, here would be the best place to submit it. :D

Dunc

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2005, 7:22 pm

Quote:
The list of extensions that was supplied by ElfMan with the best intentions is actually the list of banned extensions for file uploads - the extensions you specified are fine - though the image extensions were correct.

OH MY .....heh. ErikMouse I am so sorry!!

I am working working on my executive skills, I promise...heh.

ElfMan