For those that like Hip Hop, but don't care for the lyrics

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvOTExpkKWg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DBehiQBUjs[/youtube]

http://www.datpiff.com/Looper-Sides-The ... 85498.html

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 2:01 am

I generally love it either way! So few can appreciate the intricacies, it's really a lot like metal in that regard.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Jasper1
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Jul 2013, 2:12 am

cberg wrote:
I generally love it either way! So few can appreciate the intricacies, it's really a lot like metal in that regard.

That's cool! Not sure if it's considered metal but one of my favorite bands is Staind.

Give the above a listen, if you like it don't hesitate to download the mixtape in the link at the bottom. There's a few bonus beats with the download.

Drop some feedback too. It's my work. It's one of my "special interests" or hobbies to make beats when I'm inspired.

I do warn, some pieces have a lot of bass.

Last edited by Jasper1 on 28 Jul 2013, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 5:09 am

Pretty good. Sounds exactly like the kind of music they play on the Adult Swim bumpers. I'm sure if you submitted your music to them, they'd feature it on future bumpers. :thumright:

Jasper1
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Jul 2013, 9:53 am

Thanks for checking out my music. I don't have cable, so I haven't watched Adult Swim. I am aware of some artists that work with them, so I think I have a good idea of what you mean.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 5:53 am

I'm visiting my mom for another few days but I'll give both a listen again when I'm back home where I forgot all my headphones. 8O I give much better 'ghost production' critiques when I have my monitors on! You wouldn't want to read my comments based on these Dell laptop tweeters.

Jasper1
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jul 2013, 6:03 am

Cool, I'm interested in your feedback.

Just for clarity sake. I'm pretty aware of mix, EQ, etc., technical issues that these pieces of music have. They are not mixed and mastered. They are basically two track recordings from hardware. I also like a bit of grit, grunge, and unpolished rawness. Music that sounds too clean puts me to sleep.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2013, 2:12 pm

Jasper1 wrote:
Cool, I'm interested in your feedback.

Just for clarity sake. I'm pretty aware of mix, EQ, etc., technical issues that these pieces of music have. They are not mixed and mastered. They are basically two track recordings from hardware. I also like a bit of grit, grunge, and unpolished rawness. Music that sounds too clean puts me to sleep.

Your intended level of distortion comes through WAY better when listened to the way it should be! I could take my music either way but your style is your style, and that fits. Reminded me a lot of Asheru and perhaps Daedelus. I admit the lack of transitions (perhaps ones as simple as fades or even virtual scratches) threw me off a little but I'm definitely downloading these. For reference, my feedback comes by way of a Creative soundcard and Grado open back cans.

edit: just PM me if there's anything you'd like me to single out in listening to your stuff. Any chance you've got a Soundcloud?

Jasper1
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Aug 2013, 7:54 am

Thanks for coming back and having a listen. Actually, I would be interested to know what the beats sounded like on say regular speakers that people conventionally use with their computers. I have Rockit 8's 1st gen and Audio Technica ATHM-50's for listening/monitoring. There are a few beats that I know have way too much bass, and others where I think the bass is only really present if you are listening to headphones or speakers that can output more sub bass frequencies. Also wondering if the music comes through nicely despite the distortions and wonky frequencies I usually tend to push my music to.

I have a soundcloud. I forgot I had it till you brought it up. lol

It's just got the same stuff I posted. https://soundcloud.com/looper-beats

Actually, just as a side note. One of those beats was done on the Nintendo Wii. In Mix Superstar or something like that. It's on "side A" it's the one with the little scratches and turntable stops. Those were just part of the drum loops that I used in there.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 3:38 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv0D5F0EYZY[/youtube]

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2013, 8:46 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q_OMS206wY[/youtube]