Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 12:11 pm

I really love drawing lots of (fictional) schoolchildren on to cardboard and colouring in their uniforms and cutting them out to make 'classes' - it gets so addictive and fun. I did it before (made a whole school of about 300 children) but I didn't make them right and I'm thinking of starting again by making another lot, using thicker cardboard.

Being so I only use about 4 colours for their uniforms, those particular colouring pens run out and I have to buy a whole new set of colouring pens just to get those 4 particular colours. I now have a huge box full of hundreds of colouring pens because of this. My boyfriend is not too happy and I don't blame him, maybe I'll donate most of them because they all work.

What I need is a store that sells colouring pens individually, so that I could buy about 10 of the same 4 colours, but I don't know where they do them. I tried looking on Google for answers but as usual it doesn't give the answers I'm looking for so I thought I'd ask personally.

Also do you like my creative idea? :)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 12:13 pm

It's cool :)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 12:18 pm

When I go to an art supply store I can generally buy markers individually instead of in sets. They'll usually have Sharpies in two sizes, sometimes Bic or another brand at about the same price point as well as more expensive ones from Japan or Germany or the UK.

Do you make up personalities or backgrounds for your students, or just make their uniforms? I used to like to draw old fashioned army uniforms and had a sketchbook full of them. Gradually that switched to making them out of lego with back stories for the different people.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 12:26 pm

When i was a Kid i did lots of pictures, batman, spiderman, turtles, etc. Also occasional sex pictures, and dead bodies. But I swear I'm totally normal now.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 3:40 pm

Quote:
Do you make up personalities or backgrounds for your students, or just make their uniforms? I used to like to draw old fashioned army uniforms and had a sketchbook full of them. Gradually that switched to making them out of lego with back stories for the different people.

Not really, as there are too many children to give them all a personality, but I do have one particular class with personalities I have made. And, of course, there is always at least one child with ASD or learning disability.

I do give them all names though, I write a name on the back of each cut-out.

I really hope I can find individual coloured pens. I prefer to use pens for this, as I usually use colouring pencils for colouring landscapes.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 3:42 pm

Would an art shop have such things individually? It's the only place I can think of that would.

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2021, 8:13 pm

I live in Texas so I'm not sure you have the same stores but I get mine at art supply stores they have a whole isle of colored pencils, markers, chalk, pastels and charcoal individually. I go to Asel Art, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, and Joann crafts and fabric.

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 4:40 am

I've been out today and looked in every possible store that sells pens individually, but nowhere has the colours I want, or the type. Such a shame. :(

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 4:43 am

You could try Evilbay (sorry, I know you don't like internet shopping). The only problem is you have to be very careful or the item comes from China.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 9:05 am

maycontainthunder wrote:
You could try Evilbay (sorry, I know you don't like internet shopping). The only problem is you have to be very careful or the item comes from China.

I checked that, didn't really get much luck.

I think I'll just have to keep buying a whole pack of colouring pens, take out the colours that I need, and donate the rest to charity. Seems a waste of money though, but there is no other way. One of the colours is that jade green colour, which is hard to find individually.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 9:06 am

Would you be able and willing to post pics of your "students"?  I think that would be really cool!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 9:09 am

Fnord wrote:
Would you be able and willing to post pics of your "students"?  I think that would be really cool!

Well I'll have to post in a PM, as they're unique enough to give myself away if someone in my family saw the pictures on the internet. They know I like doing it, in those particular colours. Can I send it to you via PM?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 9:10 am

Joe90 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Well I'll have to post in a PM, as they're unique enough to give myself away if someone in my family saw the pictures on the internet. They know I like doing it, in those particular colours. Can I send it to you via PM?
Please do!  I promise to not share them with anybody else without your permission.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 9:12 am

I like your idea.

But the same four pens... Sometimes one can buy fine tipped marker pens individually?

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 9:13 am

Have a dig through these results from Hobbycraft.

https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/advancedse ... ?query=pen

Not sure if what you want is there but they do seem to sell some coloured pens singularly.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 9:31 am

Fnord wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Please do!  I promise to not share them with anybody else without your permission.

You can share them privately if you want, as long as it's not publicly. :)

@maycontainthunder - I'll have a look on the link, thank you.