Page 4 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 6:44 pm

Delirium wrote:
Also, Nirvana is quite possibly the most overrated band ever (besides Eminem) and the only reason why we even remember them so fondly is because Kurt Cobain blew his brains out.

BS. The lead singer of Mayhem blew his brains out, and then the bassist MURDERED the lead guitarist. While they are one of the most famous black metal bands few people regard them as the greatest band ever. Also, Nirvana was immensely famous long before Kurt died. To deny the influence of Nirvana on music today is idiocy. They brought Grunge to the mainstream, and now Post-Grunge is by far the most popular form of rock among commercial artists today.

Also, why do I sense so much butthurt? Chillax, this thread isn't hurting you or anyone else.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 6:54 am

As for my opinion on the whole thing, there is enough evidence that it could be a definately possibility, but there is no way to know for sure. If people want to make that connection the fullfill their fantasies for whatever reason that's fine with me. Anyway, one last thing that I want to point out was that Criag Nicollis was often compared to Kurt Cobian during his performances, and Nicollis was later diagnosed with AS.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2012, 1:09 pm

edgewaters wrote:
Not every introverted misfit is AS. It's not impossible, of course, but I think people are far too hasty and eager to slap these labels on the famous, and I often wonder why.

Exactly.

But I do kinda think Keanu Reeves got it. But he's super cool so it's irrelevant.
http://sherryndaniel.wordpress.com/2010 ... rd-quotes/

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2012, 8:12 am

I found this quote that I think says it all;
Kurt Cobain; "I always wanted to think that I was an alien I used to think when I was young that I was adopted by my mother because they found me and a space ship left me off. I was from a different planet. I wanted to be from a different planet really bad. Every night I used to talk to my real parents and my real family in the skies. I knew that there were thousands of other alien babies dropped off and they're all over the place and I've met quite a few of 'em. It's just something that I've always liked to toy with, with my mind. It was really fun to pretend that y'know. There's some special reason for me to be here and I feel really homesick all the time. So does... so do the other aliens and I only have a chance to come across like a handful of other aliens throughout the rest of my life. Eventually one day we'll find out what we're supposed to do".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmC9eRhrtqc[/youtube]

Cesar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Aug 2012, 10:28 am

Who cares?

guitarmorous
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Dec 2012, 6:29 am

Having read Heavier than Heaven, I felt I could relate to alot of his internal struggles and inability to figure out who to trust, the need to be recognised for talent, and yet the need for isolation. (Bear in mind the hidden track on Nevermind "Endless, Nameless" is Kurt having a meltdown and smashing his guitar because he couldnt get his guitar parts right) there is also a Youtube video where he gets annoyed and requests on the microphone that the floodlights be turned off because theyre too bright for him. However, there was also a deep, psychotic deppressiveness to him, perhaps if he was, it was comorbid with bipolar?