Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Metis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Dec 2012, 3:23 am

There are two songs - one in German, one in French, that make me bawl like an infant whenever I hear them.

Which is odd, I know, and wholly inappropriate, given that one is a schmaltzy old love-song, and the other, an anthem of undying devotion and happiness.

And yet, when I hear but the first few notes of either, I have to shut it off, or remove myself, to avoid a scene.

Now, it's true I have emotional connections with the German song, but those were long ago and far away, but that French one - waterworks ever time I hear it.

Anyone else have such a problem?

EMTkid
Toucan
Toucan

21 Dec 2012, 5:07 am

There's a song that makes me cry every time, and what's worse is that if I hear even the beginning it echoes in my head for weeks. Its a country song called "she's somebody's hero". I can't remember who sings it but basically its about a mom taking care of her young daughter then the daughter growing up and taking care of the mother. I assume it's because I never felt that way about my mother and will not be the one to brush her hair when she is old and in the nursing home and stuff and I always wanted to be.

My husband has taken to singing the Skyline Chili song from the commercial whenever I hear it because that gets stuck in my head even worse lol

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 7:52 am

I can hear the opening notes of certain songs-heart shaped box by nirvana is one in particular-just sours my mood immediately.

operationpaperclip
Raven
Raven

21 Dec 2012, 8:39 am

There are a couple of really inappropriate songs that made me cry my ass off. I'm not even gonna mention what they were. It was a pretty enjoyable experience, almost spiritual.

stitch4518
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Dec 2012, 9:41 am

Oh yes. There are several that do that, thankfully they are never played on the radio. :oops:

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 10:04 am

stitch4518 wrote:
Oh yes. There are several that do that, thankfully they are never played on the radio. :oops:

Its rough when one gets played on the radio when you are in a store shopping-real upsetting.

EmoGlambertAspie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 3:53 pm

"The Rose," for some reason, makes me think of people who have died in accidents or just died young, or of breakups.

Once I was singing in the shower and cried thinking of Alphaville's "Forever Young". I don't even remember why.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 10:29 am

Even though I've never been physically abused by a guy, I always tear up when I hear Face Down by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. What's weird is that the acoustic version really makes me cry even worse.

There's always a reason why songs get to us. I hate it when women are harmed via violent crime, abuse, objectification, or flat out hurting them by men. Hence why Face Down really gets to me.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre