Does she like me?The usual question of an aspie male

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

wester13
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Dec 2014, 6:11 pm

There is this girl that studies in the same university as me.Once I was walking and could sort of see her like staring to me in a deeply matter(actually being an aspie I don't really know how to interpret it),I look back a little surprised.Anyway days after this event I go to the studying room and I make her a favour by freeing a place and she is smiling and being very social and initiates a little conversation.But outside the study room she stares a little but doesn't say hello first so i decided to salute her and she salutes back.During these days i see her sometimes kind of staring at me when I am not looking(Actually when i looked back she looked kind of anxious like moving her legs,and like being uncomfortable).Once,she kicks at me chair accidentally because our studying tables were close,and says to me how sorry she was,and tells me how sorry she was for doing what she did and touches my shoulder.Then she gets out of the studying room and then tries to kinda of initiate a conversation (or maybe just being nice because she kicked the chair i was on) again by telling how sorry she was,but i gotta admit i wasn't in the mood.But now when she sees me in the study room she turns her head very quickly.And recently she has started using a perfume(which is nice).I would like just to know her even as a friend because she seems like a really nice girl.What do you think is the best way to approach her?

Maedre91
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Dec 2014, 8:00 pm

1. Making regular eye contact - good sign she is flirting with you
2. Initiating conversation with you - good sign she is flirting with you (women more often wait for men to initiate this way)
3. Finding reasons to touch you - good sign she is flirting with you

From what you have written I would say she is most likely flirting with you, and trying to encourage you to 'make a move'.
If you want to read more about how to tell when a girl is flirting with you, here's a article to have a look at (I wrote it) -http://succeedingsociallyaspie.com/?p=303

Because (by the sound of it) she seems like she is trying pretty hard to catch your attention, a good way to 'make a move' would be to ask her to do something fun with you in a one-on-one social setting (so something like grabbing a coffee, a walk through a park, going to an arcade etc.).

This will give you a great opportunity to not only get to know each other better and enjoy each others company, but also allow you to make some small moves (maybe grab her hand when you are walking) to see how she reacts. If she responds well then this is a pretty clear indication she is into you!

I hope that helps, any other questions feel free to ask me :)

wester13

18 Dec 2014, 6:54 am

Thank you for taking your time to respond.Actually I would like to invite her some times but now
the things seems to have kinda of cooled off although she sometimes glances at me especially I am
not watching.I hope this is not because any of my actions have made her think I am not interested.
Maybe I should send her a friend request on facebook,and see how things go from there.

Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 4:31 am

just talk to her

wester13

19 Dec 2014, 6:17 am

886 wrote:
just talk to her

Actually,trust me that's what every guy would like to do,but it is not so easy,especially for us.But I agree with you,i have got nothing to lose so I better try!

Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 6:32 am

wester13 wrote:
886 wrote:
just talk to her

Actually,trust me that's what every guy would like to do,but it is not so easy,especially for us.But I agree with you,i have got nothing to lose so I better try!

oh, trust me I know as good as anyone with asperger's how difficult it is. I should probably know better than to trivialize it with sarcasm.

A better response would probably be to ask you if you feel you're overthinking it.. you feel like she might, the only way to find out is to talk to her.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 7:07 am

Talk to her via internet/texting if you can't talk to her face to face then you will naturally start getting comfortable talking to her in face to face talks because you will know her more and all

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 7:36 am

It's rare to see a thread type like this have a good outcome here, I'd say you're lucky (and probably quite good looking).

wester13

19 Dec 2014, 10:19 am

Guys thank you for your advice.I really appreciate them.A female friend of mine told to me like the way she is behaving signals she likes you.

Uprising wrote:
It's rare to see a thread type like this have a good outcome here, I'd say you're lucky (and probably quite good looking).

I think I am lucky in this case :p

SadButRad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Dec 2014, 5:36 am

dont read into it too much. Like notice the minor things but read them as more in the moment. Find a time she's not occupied to be friendly and say hi and talk about something simple and relevant and go from there!

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 12:19 am

She is being friendly, but it's way too early to know if she has romantic interest, so I wouldn't read into it. As a woman myself, many of us tend to not develop strong feelings for men right away but it tends to gradually grow as we get to know the person, like they are acquiring our respect and trust over time. It's also common for girls to give light touches in the situation you've described.

I say talk to her or message her on social media (if you have her) and see where it goes from there.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

wester13

22 Jan 2015, 8:02 pm

anneurysm wrote:
She is being friendly, but it's way too early to know if she has romantic interest, so I wouldn't read into it. As a woman myself, many of us tend to not develop strong feelings for men right away but it tends to gradually grow as we get to know the person, like they are acquiring our respect and trust over time. It's also common for girls to give light touches in the situation you've described.

I say talk to her or message her on social media (if you have her) and see where it goes from there.

thank you for responding.I have added her on social media and she accepted me.Once she was walking and I was static and knowing she was coming from behind I raise my head up straight and see her that has turned around and is looking at me and she says to me hello smiling,and then turns her head straight and seems a little uncomfortable but at the same time happy.But anyway a strange thing that I still ask myself is why the hell she doesn't even say hello to me when she is with her friends.She still looks at me but doesn't even talk..

darkphantomx

26 Jan 2015, 11:16 pm

Hey man, it's your call. Sometimes you can't be too over logical and just use your gut feeling. I do highly recommend that you talk to her and be friendly. Stand up straight, smile, and have fun. That's the most important thing.

Don't be afraid to approach women. I mean if you can't talk to women at all, then it's going to be hard to get a girlfriend.

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 9:36 am

wester13 wrote:
thank you for responding.I have added her on social media and she accepted me.Once she was walking and I was static and knowing she was coming from behind I raise my head up straight and see her that has turned around and is looking at me and she says to me hello smiling,and then turns her head straight and seems a little uncomfortable but at the same time happy.But anyway a strange thing that I still ask myself is why the hell she doesn't even say hello to me when she is with her friends.She still looks at me but doesn't even talk..

When she is with her friends she may be uncomfortable acknowledging you, because she doesn't really know you that well yet. Try to talk to her about something random if you get a chance and she is not with friends, to see if she gives any more positive signals, you have to take some initiative on your end. There is also a chance she might be just teasing you and you are not a good match, so be prepared for that as well but stay postive.

wester13

14 Feb 2015, 11:32 am

I talked her on social media but she is not responding anymore now!After we talked the first time on social media she was nice and she even gave me a smile the next day.But somehow these days she has changed her behaviour abruptly,although when I go to talk to her while she is studying she smiles and responds and even asks me how are the things going for me ,but i cant still understand why she is responding on facebook??! !!I am pretty sure she has seen my message.Once I saw both of her friends smiling at me,like in a way they had heard something about me!

KayteeKay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2015, 11:44 am

Say hi, introduce yourself and chat with her for a bit -- get to KNOW her a little instead of trying to interpret non-verbal signals out of context and read accidentally kicking a chair/aftermath as if it was a tea leaf!

Maybe she was staring at you -- maybe she was staring aimlessly into space (that you wandered into). You don't knoe, can't know and will accomplish nothing buy driving yourself batty by trying!!