Are Autistic Men More Likely to be Misogynistic?

Page 9 of 18 [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next

Autistic Men are More Misogynistic than Average?
I'm a male and I agree. 17%  17%  [ 27 ]
I'm a male and I disagree. 55%  55%  [ 86 ]
I'm a female and I agree. 12%  12%  [ 19 ]
I'm a female and I disagree. 15%  15%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 155

Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 6:23 am

AlexanderDantes wrote:
It isn't just Autistic men, go on the relationship help section of bodybuilding.com and you will find many misogynistic men, go on a gaming forum like IGN and you will find the same.

The internet is generally a toxic place. If you want to meet non toxic people, get out of the house.

This is the smartest thing I've ever heard anyone say about anything ever 8O

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 6:29 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
WP is not a cesspool of misogyny. Sly is not really overweight. Too much statistics....not enough "real life."

I agree, like I have said repeatedly in this thread, it exists here as it does everywhere else, it's not specific to WP, nor is this website a cesspool of women hating, perhaps a while ago there were more of those posts, but I see a notable improvement and I think that progress should be recognised. I think it's unreasonable to hold anyone with social/communication difficulties to a higher standard than is representative of the realities of this world, but sweeping generalisations about the other sex are not appropriate/conducive to progress in a mixed forum; where both men and women experience the same challenges and each have an implicit understanding of inequality.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 7:28 am

Last time I've seen sly's pic, he was obviously overweight, not morbidly obese for certain, but he was overweight.
If this how he really is right now, then it's misleading to tell him he's not.

Not sure if this has changed, maybe it's just an old pic of him that sticking in my head.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 8:51 am

He's probably in the 10-20 lbs (about 4-8 kg) overweight category--like most men.

I could stand to lose about 30 lbs (about 12kg).

I really think it's the attitude/posture which is a prime determinant of success, not the weight itself, most of the time.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 9:10 am

They won't see much of his attitude/posture in a photo.

sly, what's your BMI?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 9:14 am

My BMI is about 30 or so.

I'm 5 foot 4.75 inches (165 cm), and I weigh about 190 lbs (about 85 kg).

If I wear the right clothes, though, I don't appear fat--I appear "husky."

If I wink at a woman, I don't usually get an "ewwwww" response--like "How could you deign to wink at me, you fatso?"

One could easily seem "schumpy" in a photo. A whole body shot, with good straight posture, would be useful--though, obviously, it doesn't match meeting the somebody in person.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 9:24 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sly's best chances is to work on his diet, or to rely less on online dating and try to build a bond with some girl he knows, I say he has better chance with overweight girls if he's still overweight himself

This is the kind of faulty thinking that leads to misogyny. There are no standards that if met will result in a girlfriend. Relationships form organically out of life.
Dox47 wrote:
; if you want to claim that WP is a cesspool of misogyny or that AS men have a greater tendency towards same, you need to show some examples of what you're talking about, as that word has experienced a bit of "drift" lately.

Not going to happen. It would be poor form and somewhat mean to start pointing at specific people. Also, I don't think it's a cesspool.

Sly, stay off internet dating sites. Spend some time out in the real world. Personally, I think you're a sweetie, but the pot won't boil if you don't stop staring at it. Relationships are things that happen naturally as a result of living life.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 9:27 am

androbot01 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sly's best chances is to work on his diet, or to rely less on online dating and try to build a bond with some girl he knows, I say he has better chance with overweight girls if he's still overweight himself

This is the kind of faulty thinking that leads to misogyny. There are no standards that if met will result in a girlfriend. Relationships form organically out of life.
Dox47 wrote:
; if you want to claim that WP is a cesspool of misogyny or that AS men have a greater tendency towards same, you need to show some examples of what you're talking about, as that word has experienced a bit of "drift" lately.

Not going to happen. It would be poor form and somewhat mean to start pointing at specific people. Also, I don't think it's a cesspool.

Sly, stay off internet dating sites. Spend some time out in the real world. Personally, I think you're a sweetie, but the pot won't boil if you don't stop staring at it. Relationships are things that happen naturally as a result of living life.

Can you elaborate why genius?
What's so false in what I said?

There's nothing in I said indicate there's some magical formula that result in a gf or whatsoever.

You are basically saying the same as "or to rely less on online dating and try to build a bond with some girl he knows,"

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 02 Mar 2015, 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 9:28 am

I agree with Ann and Boo......get out there in real life!

You're an okay guy. Don't talk about guns too much; it turns people off. And don't ever express anything which indicates you're feeling sorry for yourself. It doesn't go over well with people.

Otherwise...just be yourself.

I'm not going to call you a "sweetie," like Ann did--but you're okay!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 9:36 am

...and to live life and to have a social life, he needs a job or some way to make money.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 9:36 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Sure, Beaker.
Quote:

There's nothing in I said indicate there's some magical formula that result in a gf or whatsoever.

No magic, but definitely a formula. And it's not going to work. The falseness in your words is that they are not true. You are trying to control variables to create a result. Love doesn't work this way. It is beyond human control.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 9:37 am

He has a part-time job. He's a cashier at a college bookstore, I believe.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 9:38 am

androbot01 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Sure, Beaker.
Quote:

No magic, but definitely a formula. And it's not going to work. The falseness in your words is that they are not true. You are trying to control variables to create a result. Love doesn't work this way. It is beyond human control.

I am trying to help him to tweak some variable, in order to increase chances for something to happen, there's nothing that guarantees a result. Know the difference.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 9:42 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
He has a part-time job. He's a cashier at a college bookstore, I believe.

Then he may try to start building a small social circle from there.

Alas, I did have an ok-social circle for like 3 years until they fought among each other lol. I am building friendships lately with cool people within the the Wing Tsun class I am attending.
But it's going slowly.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 9:47 am

I think this is mostly about Sly "cleaning his slate," so to speak--and starting from scratch.

Forget your "failures" in the past, Sly. They mean nothing within the context of the future.

You're still a young man. There's still time.

I didn't marry until age 34.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 10:09 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Sure, Beaker.
Quote:

I am trying to help him to tweak some variable, in order to increase chances for something to happen, there's nothing that guarantees a result. Know the difference.

Argggg :wall: :wall: :wall:

Chances, guarantees...they come from the same thought process - finding a partner is not something that can be manipulated by modifying variables. It is just something that sometimes happens to people. It has been so drummed into our heads that love and marriage are a renumeration for societal participation that people take it for granted. But love doesn't work that way.