This feeling I get with girls

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

18 Apr 2015, 9:15 pm

https://www.change.org/p/convention-sta ... reason_msg - First, a disclaimer: This is not a post soliciting to have people sign this petition. I am only mentioning it to prove a point in this post. Secondly: Refrain from posting ANYTHING negative, please. With that out of the way....

It's come to my attention that one of my friends (a guy) and I are illustrating the man targeted in this petition is why so many women have barriers up even when it comes to us innocent guys. The question is, why does it have to be this way?

My social skills are not perfect, I've actually improved in 10 years, but what the person targeted in this petition is NOT me by any means.

The petition states that said person has begun harassing female cosplayers online with sexually charged comments and private messages, as well as threats of physical harm toward people who have asked that he stop. While online interactions are one thing and generally can be easily resolved, his behavior has recently caused issues at his college, which resulted in his being expelled. He had taken up stalking female students and harassing them in person on campus grounds.

It baffles me. I am interested in a girl from FL which I explained in the Social Skills section of the forum, but she is somewhat unwilling to talk to me. I hope I can find a way to be her friend without being, well, too overreaching, if you get my drift. Any expert help here? Thanks.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 10:09 pm

Pretty much the only thing you can do is try to talk to the girl about any mutual interests that you may have. Saying anything sexual or clingy or even overly complimentary will very likely make her uneasy. In other words, try to act like a regular friend would.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 1:40 am

site says this and that, no way to know its true. I'd never sign such a hearsay petition.

sadly know no idea how to get close to women.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 8:48 am

You know you're pretty notorious when 1k sign a petition to ban you from a convention.

absatlow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Apr 2015, 8:53 am

Be yourself with her. Say you have Aspergers and that you don't mean to be offensive as a result. Don't be anyone else but yourself.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 9:41 am

absatlow wrote:
Don't be anyone else but yourself.

You know what? You're totally right, I should totally be myself around girls I like. I'm tired of being someone different, it's time I appreciate who I truely am. I have a lot to offer in this world and I don't have to change a single thing about myself.

Tomorrow i'm going to school in my pink Brony And Proud t-shirt and i'm going to burp and ABC's and fart stairway to heaven during class then i'm going to stand on the table at lunch, take my shirt off and start twerking while i'm singing to Miley Cyrus.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 10:36 am

^ I've done that. So far, she has talked to me a little. I'm taking it slow, however.

Diningroom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Apr 2015, 12:32 pm

equestriatola wrote:
https://www.change.org/p/convention-staff-bar-chris-cruz-from-texas-conventions?recruiter=28216854&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-reason_msg - First, a disclaimer: This is not a post soliciting to have people sign this petition. I am only mentioning it to prove a point in this post. Secondly: Refrain from posting ANYTHING negative, please. With that out of the way....

It's come to my attention that one of my friends (a guy) and I are illustrating the man targeted in this petition is why so many women have barriers up even when it comes to us innocent guys. The question is, why does it have to be this way?

My social skills are not perfect, I've actually improved in 10 years, but what the person targeted in this petition is NOT me by any means.

The petition states that said person has begun harassing female cosplayers online with sexually charged comments and private messages, as well as threats of physical harm toward people who have asked that he stop. While online interactions are one thing and generally can be easily resolved, his behavior has recently caused issues at his college, which resulted in his being expelled. He had taken up stalking female students and harassing them in person on campus grounds.

It baffles me. I am interested in a girl from FL which I explained in the Social Skills section of the forum, but she is somewhat unwilling to talk to me. I hope I can find a way to be her friend without being, well, too overreaching, if you get my drift. Any expert help here? Thanks.

The girl in Florida is unwilling to talk to you, by your own admission. She's made her wishes known -- so stop contacting her.

You can't make her want to talk to you, nor is she obligated to want to talk to you. Respect her choice.

The stalking thing? Calling somebody who isn't interested, say, three times or emailing them twice or some combination thereof doesn't get you labelled a stalker -- because that's not stalking (it's pursuing a person whose not interested in you and gracefully accepting that they don't return your interest). It takes sustained, egregiously awful behavior to be labelled a stalker. (Don't go there).

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 1:42 pm

^ Alright, then.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Apr 2015, 1:53 pm

darkphantomx1 wrote:
absatlow wrote:
Don't be anyone else but yourself.

You know what? You're totally right, I should totally be myself around girls I like. I'm tired of being someone different, it's time I appreciate who I truely am. I have a lot to offer in this world and I don't have to change a single thing about myself.

Tomorrow i'm going to school in my pink Brony And Proud t-shirt and i'm going to burp and ABC's and fart stairway to heaven during class then i'm going to stand on the table at lunch, take my shirt off and start twerking while i'm singing to Miley Cyrus.

It's more that if My Little Pony is important to you, you shouldn't give it up to improve your chances with an attractive obnoxious person.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 4:41 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
darkphantomx1 wrote:

It's more that if My Little Pony is important to you, you shouldn't give it up to improve your chances with an attractive obnoxious person.

You're totally right. I'm not going to give up my twerking skillz anytime soon. I'm thinking about starting my own charity to twerk for a better cause. #Twerking4life

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 4:49 pm

XD @darkphantom - why should I change my personality? :D

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 1:29 am

darkphantomx1 wrote:
You know you're pretty notorious when 1k sign a petition to ban you from a convention.

not if most are just oh these people say hes bad so he must be sign.

same with media lynch mobs. people are so quick to judge others with no proof but only word from another person.
you post is proof of that. probably started with 5 then some guys like woah 5 people said that and so on and on. how do you think rumours start.

The_Walrus wrote:

but its seen as a little girls show. so its childish and creepy to women.

I plan to hid all my mlp stuff if I ever start dating. along with alot of other things I guess.