permanant weekend only relationship

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Alicyn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Dec 2009, 8:45 am

Salonfilosoof wrote:
Alicyn wrote:
Could work. My boyfriend and I have been together about a year, and we only see each other on the weekends. It's actually a nice thing because spending that interim time apart gives you the much-needed space a lot of people miss out on. As I said, it's been a year, and we've never fought. Not once. And I swear it's because this sort of schedule lets us keep our own lives, while still being together :)

What about your household tasks? When do you do them? I used to go to my girlfriend's from Friday evening to Monday Morning, so I would not be at home between Friday morning and Monday evening (since I wents straight from her place to work and vice versa). So I had to do my shopping, my cleaning and my laundry all after work when I'm usually way too exhausted mentally. It put a serious strain on me, which in turn affected my relationship. We eventually broke up because there was too much stress from both sides and we were suffocating each other, even though we only saw each other during the weekend.

Hm, maybe you have more housework to do than I do? I only need to go grocery shopping once every other week, and I can do that on my lunch-break at work. Laundry I can do once a week but that only takes about an hour... I generally clean as-needed, and since I live in a small apartment I don't suppose I do more than an hours worth of "chores" in a week. If I do need to run an errand on the weekend my boyfriend doesn't mind waiting and/or tagging along. It's not a problem.

Salonfilosoof
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 1:16 pm

Alicyn wrote:
Hm, maybe you have more housework to do than I do? I only need to go grocery shopping once every other week, and I can do that on my lunch-break at work..

Since I don't have a car of my own, I have to do a bit more planning for that.

Alicyn wrote:
Laundry I can do once a week but that only takes about an hour...

I tend to postpone my laundry when pretty much all of my clothes have been used :?

Alicyn wrote:
I generally clean as-needed, and since I live in a small apartment I don't suppose I do more than an hours worth of "chores" in a week.

Unfortunately, I'm renting half a house and I have quite a backlog of cleaning to do.

Alicyn wrote:
If I do need to run an errand on the weekend my boyfriend doesn't mind waiting and/or tagging along. It's not a problem.

That's why I wanted to spend one weekend at my place and the other at her place, but there were some logistic problems for that.