How did you go about meeting your spouse?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

WFurman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Dec 2009, 2:11 pm

This post is aimed for those who have Asperger Syndrome who are married. My question for you is, "How did you go about meeting your spouse"?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2009, 2:16 pm

We worked for the same company, but opposite sides of the country. Stayed in touch for the better part of a decade after leaving the company as friends (with growing feelings) for the better part of a decade before we were married.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

SpiritBlooms
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2009, 2:28 pm

My sister introduced us. He worked with her husband (now her ex). There were a lot of synchronous things going on then that still (30 years later - married 26) make me think it was destiny. It's a good thing I think that, because it's gotten us through a lot of rough patches.

I think we're both probably mildly aspie, BTW. He has a few more aspie traits than I do. But he's more outgoing and I'm a super introvert.

Vance
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Dec 2009, 2:43 pm

Met online, then met in person a few years later, and visited each other regularly for a few more years before deciding to marry. Unfortunately, though, it hasn't worked out.

Celtic_Frost
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Dec 2009, 3:30 pm

Well, one day, I came up with her and I just fell in love with her! :lol: I love my imaginary girlfriend! My life would be complete... if she was real...

20 Dec 2009, 6:22 pm

I met my husband on a forum and we started chatting online and then we met three weeks later on my birthday. We kept seeing each other every week on his days off and we do the Benny & Joon hug right before I walk into work. He used to take me to work. Then we eventually got an apartment together and here we are.

WhiskeryBeast

20 Dec 2009, 6:23 pm

I met my husband through a dating website. We are both "off" that we just fit together.

Salonfilosoof
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2009, 4:50 am

I met most of my 5 ex-girlfriends online. I'm currently single again, though....

WFurman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Dec 2009, 1:12 pm

Thank you all for your responses.

Spokane_Girl, was the forum and chat room where you met your spouse on this website?