Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

petir
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Mar 2010, 8:38 pm

Interesting thing happen last night. Girl that I had chase for more than a year (she turned me down, twice), suddenly willing to start a relationship with me. But, this time I turned her down.

Right now, I'm too affraid to start a serious romantic relationship. And a long distance one (we live in separate cities) would not be wise due to our conditions. I'm an aspie and she has bipolar disorder (unstable mood). Not a good combination, I think.

Another problem is i think I can't feel love. I don't know if my feeling toward her is what called love to NT people. That scary me.

So guys, what's your opinion? Did I make the right decision? Do you think long distance relationship would be work for an aspie?

ps sorry if my english is poor, it's not my native language.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2010, 8:51 pm

Well, I'd say that it would be a good idea to at least give it a try, because who know's, it could be the best experience of your life. You'd be surprised at the crazy things you'll be willing to do,(like traveling ridiculous distances) once the connection becomes strong enough.lol :wink:

Those who know, don't speak.

qiuqiu
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Mar 2010, 10:19 pm

im really against long distance relationship (especially with someone who has a bipolar disorder). unless you two can meet at least once a month, i dont see it working

petir
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Mar 2010, 7:55 am

I think I love her. What should I do? I just turned her down. It's hard to determine my true feeling

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 8:42 am

Run when you hear the word bipolar. I'm sorry but going out with anyone with bipolar is nothing but a hellish experience and quite frankly, very risking. You don't want to deal with that, trust me. It's not worth it.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

makuranososhi
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 12:41 pm

Don't base your decision on the experiences of others. Only you can decide what will work for you. I have been in relationships with a number of women who were diagnosed - bipolar I, bipolar II, bp-schizoaffective - and they had problems just the same as any relationship. The diagnosis doesn't make someone toxic - the person does that themselves. Relationships have risks... and if you aren't willing to take them, then you shouldn't be seeking a relationship.

M.

For those who seek an alternative, it is coming.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2010, 2:28 pm

petir wrote:
Another problem is i think I can't feel love. I don't know if my feeling toward her is what called love to NT people. That scary me.

Does it matter? Is that a problem?

Quote:
So guys, what's your opinion? Did I make the right decision? Do you think long distance relationship would be work for an aspie?

Is Captain Picard bald? It's work for anyone. It's work the same way riding a bicycle is work - activities are work. You should be asking if it's worth it.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."