I have ADD my husband has AS

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

JessSB
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Apr 2010, 3:51 am

and things seem to be working out really well. :?

My husband is undiagnosed, but we worked out together that all the problems he had before with girls and growing up were down to him having AS.

He is a great guy and I couldn't wish for a better husband. Looking at it on paper though I can't see how we can work so well together but somehow we have met in the middle and have both improved on our flaws. My fluttering about and constantly wanting to be busy sometimes freaks him out a bit so I've learnt to calm down for him. His extremely interesting personality keeps me intrigued and I could listen to him tell me facts all day.

I just wondered if any other people with AS had dated someone with an attention problem and their experiences, and to give people hope that love is out there and if you get to meet your soul mate like I have then life can be great :)

one-A-N
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 4:44 am

There is often some overlap between ADD and AS - particularly executive dysfunction. Maybe you two share some common characteristics AND understand what it is like to be different to the vocal majority.