Would you date someone fatter than you?
Yes 70%  70%  [ 123 ]
No 30%  30%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 176

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 12:48 pm

It's much easier to find shallow. s**t, I was pretty shallow myself there for a while. Just chase around the prettiest girls, try to get seen. It didn't work. So now I rather be happy with someone I'm much more compatible with and can talk to with ease - rather than some hot chick who aggravates the hell out of me.

Society does have this obsession over being shallow and superficial though, which does nobody anything good.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 12:49 pm

Erisad wrote:
sgrannel wrote:
I said yes, because most people in general are fatter than me. If I ruled out anyone fatter than me, then that would cut out most, some of whom I might find attractive. Yes, I understand that it's the person inside that counts, not superficial appearances and the "hotties" are known to cheat and be golddiggers because they can get away with it, apparently.

However, this is not a free pass to neglect taking care of oneself, and staying within sight of medically defined norms for body mass index. Don't do it for me, do it, for YOURSELF!! !! It's not just weight, but other issues like smoking, too, which get into the overall attractiveness picture. I have rejected women because they smoke.

The BMI is a load of crap. It doesn't account for those with muscle. Someone can be heavier just because they have more muscle, which is heavier than fat. :/

True, but that exclusion only applies to professional athletes and the like. The BMI guideline still applies to most of us. Even with all the training I do, I am still within the BMI norms and I should be.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 12:49 pm

Erisad wrote:
Quartz11 wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Quartz11 wrote:
It's more like: people getting anyone's hopes up and then crushing them is hilarious. Some people have this bully mentality and feel the need to act like they're better than someone else - to ease their own fears of not being good enough to others.

It's not like you got singled out because you're overweight.

I guess I'm too sensitive for this world. *hugs anti-depressants* :(

Anti-depressants? Help a guy out here, share the wealth.

Are you oversensitive? Perhaps. You might not be though. There's just a lot of people who get bullied for no real good reason, just cause some jerkoff needs to feel better about themselves by pointing faults in others.

Ya do know there are people out there who are willing to overlook superficial crap if someone has a good enough personality.

*hands you one* Here you go. I'd mail them but I don't think that's legal. :D

I know I guess they don't live in Pennsylvania. :/

yeah, and I know it may be a double post, but..... O HAI ANOTHER PENNSYLVANIAN XD

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 12:50 pm

Would I?

I already have, several times.

Some of my friends joke about me being a "chubby chaser", but it's just a cooincidence...I just don't mind how big a girl is, as long as she's not the kind that are so big, they have to ride the scooter through WalMart :x

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 1:06 pm

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
Yeah, its basically the media that sways what the rest of our damn nation desires Erisad. Giving up though is the worst thing you can do for yourself if you genuinely desire a relationship. From what I read Ive gathered that it is more of a personality issue that is the root of the problem for you, the big ones being the self-esteem and trust issues. That and I somehow feel that you might have missed quite a few opportunities because of the trust issue especially.

And I have actually noticed (in my area anyways), the overweight people seem far more happier than the super-fit/thin people, even those around our age. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they are comfortable with how they are.

As for losing weight and such, there is indeed a hormonal side when it comes to women. And id ignore that post by lord of monkeys or whatever. Not everyone can enjoy exercising. Just because your not enjoying it doesnt mean your not putting effort, so I view it that he is wrong in that opinion he stated. As for my advice for it. You have to set a routine and stick to it. Also minimizing stress will definately help with weight loss (less stress = less cortisol) . And this advice is coming from someone who used to be super thin, however the surgery I had totally f**** with my ability to exercise. Only have about half range of motion in my legs or else I tear open sutures and scarring along my coccyx (tailbone for those who dont know, and yes it tends to bleed like hell and is very painful when it happens.). So yeah, I know it sucks going from 170-180 to 210 because of surgery. Still trying to drop it though, by watching what I eat/drink as well as still trying to stay somewhat active.

I can help ya with diet stuff if you can list down what you drink (It is a lot more important than some people think), as well as what types of stuff you eat the most. Also got to realize that because of limited income in college, diet is usually the problem. Many people are known to gain at least 15 lbs in their first year of college.

And as an honest opinion, you do have a very pretty face. So don't say you are ugly as hell like you've been. Be happy when people acknowledge that you have at least one good feature. Realizing that should help ya with some of the self esteem issues.

and as another fact that should cheer ya up a bit. How you look also depends a lot on skeletal structure. You cant go solely by weight/BMI (I myself view BMI as a very poor indicator because of the fact it doesn't take skeletal structure, bone density, and muscle mass into consideration, it only goes by weight, height, gender, and age.) In fact the skeletal structure for most of those "super-thin" people you see is on the rare side. The average skeleton is a bit wider in all aspects (not necessarily counting the head.)

What opportunities do you think I may have missed? Now I'm confused. >.<

I drink homemade iced tea and water. I can't stand soda. I've only had one bottle of Smirnoff vodka but I really like it and I wish I had some right now. I love chicken, salmon (I don't eat it as often though), tilapia, couscous, strawberry and spinach salad,

I'm going into my senior year of college so I know about the freshman weight again. Sadly I've gone from 180 to 247 over these last three years and I long to be 180 again even though I thought I was fat then too.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 1:14 pm

sgrannel wrote:
Erisad wrote:
sgrannel wrote:
I said yes, because most people in general are fatter than me. If I ruled out anyone fatter than me, then that would cut out most, some of whom I might find attractive. Yes, I understand that it's the person inside that counts, not superficial appearances and the "hotties" are known to cheat and be golddiggers because they can get away with it, apparently.

However, this is not a free pass to neglect taking care of oneself, and staying within sight of medically defined norms for body mass index. Don't do it for me, do it, for YOURSELF!! !! It's not just weight, but other issues like smoking, too, which get into the overall attractiveness picture. I have rejected women because they smoke.

The BMI is a load of crap. It doesn't account for those with muscle. Someone can be heavier just because they have more muscle, which is heavier than fat. :/

True, but that exclusion only applies to professional athletes and the like. The BMI guideline still applies to most of us. Even with all the training I do, I am still within the BMI norms and I should be.

Please. I'd have to starve myself or waste money on a personal trainer in order to lose the 100 pounds needed to be within the healthy BMI range. Being a college student, neither of these options are available to me. :/

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 1:16 pm

Quartz11 wrote:
It's much easier to find shallow. sh**, I was pretty shallow myself there for a while. Just chase around the prettiest girls, try to get seen. It didn't work. So now I rather be happy with someone I'm much more compatible with and can talk to with ease - rather than some hot chick who aggravates the hell out of me.

Society does have this obsession over being shallow and superficial though, which does nobody anything good.

I'm not looking to be a supermodel. I'd settle for being moderately attractive at this point just so I don't hate myself.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 1:18 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Would I?

I already have, several times.

Some of my friends joke about me being a "chubby chaser", but it's just a cooincidence...I just don't mind how big a girl is, as long as she's not the kind that are so big, they have to ride the scooter through WalMart :x

Yeah, those people are the on the extreme of fatness. If I ever got that large, I'd shoot myself because I wouldn't be doing anyone any good.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 1:31 pm

Weight is no issue with me. If the girl has a beautiful face, and although being a little overweight is still healthy, I'll date her nonetheless.

L3gi0n
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jul 2010, 1:31 pm

i think you're being too hard on yourself. you are attractive.

people's concept of beauty is very skewed. they expect a supermodel. if you look at rennasaince art, they had a healthy concept then of what beauty was. and really, if someone is that shallow, then you really shouldn't waste your time on them. they should be appreciating you for your intelligence and personality, not just how you look.

i'm not jesus, i will not forgive.

Bugzee
Toucan
Toucan

12 Jul 2010, 1:33 pm

Because fat chicks are disgusting and unattractive.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 1:40 pm

Bugzee wrote:

How do I put this politely in a way that you can understand? Oh yes, screw you. Men like you aren't wanted here so get lost. :/

Bugzee
Toucan
Toucan

12 Jul 2010, 1:48 pm

Erisad wrote:
Bugzee wrote:

How do I put this politely in a way that you can understand? Oh yes, screw you. Men like you aren't wanted here so get lost. :/

Sorry, but in a world where three quarters of the world is starving to death (Ive witnessed it first hand) obesity is just nonsensical and anybody complaining about their weight shouldn't be given the time of day. And I am overweight, too, but I don't complain about it. I know I got fat by eating crap, same as you.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 1:51 pm

Erisad wrote:
DemonAbyss10 wrote:
Yeah, its basically the media that sways what the rest of our damn nation desires Erisad. Giving up though is the worst thing you can do for yourself if you genuinely desire a relationship. From what I read Ive gathered that it is more of a personality issue that is the root of the problem for you, the big ones being the self-esteem and trust issues. That and I somehow feel that you might have missed quite a few opportunities because of the trust issue especially.

And I have actually noticed (in my area anyways), the overweight people seem far more happier than the super-fit/thin people, even those around our age. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they are comfortable with how they are.

As for losing weight and such, there is indeed a hormonal side when it comes to women. And id ignore that post by lord of monkeys or whatever. Not everyone can enjoy exercising. Just because your not enjoying it doesnt mean your not putting effort, so I view it that he is wrong in that opinion he stated. As for my advice for it. You have to set a routine and stick to it. Also minimizing stress will definately help with weight loss (less stress = less cortisol) . And this advice is coming from someone who used to be super thin, however the surgery I had totally f**** with my ability to exercise. Only have about half range of motion in my legs or else I tear open sutures and scarring along my coccyx (tailbone for those who dont know, and yes it tends to bleed like hell and is very painful when it happens.). So yeah, I know it sucks going from 170-180 to 210 because of surgery. Still trying to drop it though, by watching what I eat/drink as well as still trying to stay somewhat active.

I can help ya with diet stuff if you can list down what you drink (It is a lot more important than some people think), as well as what types of stuff you eat the most. Also got to realize that because of limited income in college, diet is usually the problem. Many people are known to gain at least 15 lbs in their first year of college.

And as an honest opinion, you do have a very pretty face. So don't say you are ugly as hell like you've been. Be happy when people acknowledge that you have at least one good feature. Realizing that should help ya with some of the self esteem issues.

and as another fact that should cheer ya up a bit. How you look also depends a lot on skeletal structure. You cant go solely by weight/BMI (I myself view BMI as a very poor indicator because of the fact it doesn't take skeletal structure, bone density, and muscle mass into consideration, it only goes by weight, height, gender, and age.) In fact the skeletal structure for most of those "super-thin" people you see is on the rare side. The average skeleton is a bit wider in all aspects (not necessarily counting the head.)

What opportunities do you think I may have missed? Now I'm confused. >.<

I drink homemade iced tea and water. I can't stand soda. I've only had one bottle of Smirnoff vodka but I really like it and I wish I had some right now. I love chicken, salmon (I don't eat it as often though), tilapia, couscous, strawberry and spinach salad,

I'm going into my senior year of college so I know about the freshman weight again. Sadly I've gone from 180 to 247 over these last three years and I long to be 180 again even though I thought I was fat then too.

What are your exercise habits anyways, and what kinds of exercise do you do? Yes, what you do when you exercise DOES in fact matter. As for dietary issues, I guess not, but I can say it could be hormonally influenced. In fact Thyroid issues have been known to cause problems with weight. In fact I have a cousin with Hypothyroidism which in fact influences her weight. Maybe you can also introduce some spicy foods in your diet, as they are known to help with weight loss as long as they are healthy meals with them.

As for what I mean by missed opportunities, think if it this way. Because of the fact you put up a wall over trust issues, you can potentially miss out on a guy who genuinely wants to give a relationship with ya a try.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 1:53 pm

Erisad wrote:

Ok -- that's a 33% increase in size in about 3 years, and 180 is already very high for a woman, unless you're pushing 6 feet tall.

I would really reconsider seeing a doctor, a better one, on the issue, or honestly re-evaluating your eating habits. That's an enormous amount of body weight to gain for someone who says they are active and watching their caloric intake.

If you don't get this taken care of now, you could be cutting your lifespan by as much as 50%. Most of us already have health issues we have to watch out for without obesity -- obesity compounds the problem and will give you a lot more pain in your future, both emotional and physical, if you don't clamp down on it now.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 1:54 pm

Bugzee wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Bugzee wrote:

Sorry, but in a world where three quarters of the world is starving to death (Ive witnessed it first hand) obesity is just nonsensical and anybody complaining about their weight shouldn't be given the time of day. And I am overweight, too, but I don't complain about it. I know I got fat by eating crap, same as you.

I gained weight as a hormonal imbalance at the start of puberty, thank you very much. I do eat right but it doesn't make a difference for me. Guys have an easier time of losing weight than women do.

Also, why should I have to feel bad because third world countries can't get their act together?