Come listen to my story , young men.....

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 5:33 pm

There's that girl who is a coworker of mine. During the first months after recruitment , she showed obvious interest in me like sitting near me whenever I go , and try to talk to me whenever she gets the chance, plus the infinite compliments.

I liked her and invited her to lunch couple of times, but those were not dates per se , they were just outdoor lunches during work time.

One thing refrained of announcing my feeling was her over-religious views. She told me more than once " I would never date a non-muslim guy". She hated Christians in general.
That made me make a full final stop since I am atheist (she didn't know that I am atheist back in time, but since i come from a muslim family she assumed that I must be muslim too) , I didn't try to make any effort with her again. All I had to do was a move, but I didn't do it because of this, I supposed that she will never change.

Months later, I found that she started dating a Christian-culturally guy, I know this guy, he's more agnostic than Christian, he's an employee in another department. They have been couples for more than 8 months now. She's now very opened to Christians and agnosticism and considering civil marriage.

Funny no?

Moral of the story: What people say doesn't always reflect what they really want.

Moral 2 : People do change.

-Fin-

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 01 Aug 2010, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bewarethebob
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 5:46 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
There's that girl who is a coworker of mine. During the first months after recruitment , she showed obvious interest in me like sitting near me whenever I go , and try to talk to me whenever she gets the chance, plus the infinite compliments.

I liked her and invited her to lunch couple of times, but those were not dates per se , they were just outdoor lunches during work time.

One thing refrained of announcing my feeling was her over-religious views. She told me more than once " I would never date a non-muslim guy". She hated Christians in general.
That made me make a full final stop since I am atheist (she didn't know that I am atheist back in time, but since i come from a muslim family she assumed that I must be muslim too) , I didn't try to make any effort with her again. All I had to do was a move, but I didn't do it because of this, I supposed that she will never change.

Months later, I found that she started dating an Christian-culturally guy, I know this guy, he's more agnostic than Christian, he's an employee in another department. They have been couples for more than 8 months now. She's now very opened to Christian and agnosticism and considering civil marriage.

Funny no?

Moral of the story: What people say doesn't always reflect what they really want.

-Fin-

s**t happens. unfortunatly, people arent honest. almost never are they really honest

Daemonic-Jackal
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 5:49 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Months later, I found that she started dating an Christian-culturally guy, I know this guy, he's more agnostic than Christian, he's an employee in another department. They have been couples for more than 8 months now. She's now very opened to Christian and agnosticism and considering civil marriage.

Funny no?

-Fin-

Or Moral 3. Most people will move the goal-posts and not stick to their original so called principles when it suits them.

http://www.facebook.com/YentonianCarlos

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 5:56 pm

Young men and ladies... tsk tsk..... do not let the negative feelings consume you, this thread is just intended to awake your wisdom.

I am being so buddith lately... oh well...

Nebby
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Aug 2010, 5:59 pm

People get ideas in their heads like: "I will never date a non-muslim" thinking that these life philosophies will give them some kind of fulfillment. But, when difficulties come in sustaining the strict behavioral rules, people bend or drop the rules altogether. People are so unsound. No one knows what will make them happy. And religious rules are the dumbest of all in my opinion. I hate religion and I hate being human. :roll:

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 6:07 pm

Never say never... :wink:

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 6:19 pm

In this situation though is there not a potentially awkward situation in you both being from a muslim community? I know some communties here in england can be quite closed off to fraternising with people outside of the faith and disapprove of people having relationships with people outside of the faith or culture/community. Thats not just muslims, hindu's can be just as bad in some respects.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 6:28 pm

You shoulda performed an unmuslimification on her right there and then.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 7:02 pm

Moog wrote:

Sounds painful

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 12:36 am

Moog wrote:

What the.....

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 1:59 am

in response to many of the posts (not the OP's) I don't think the fact that people can change their values and beliefs is a negative thing, I think it's actually a positive thing.

And I agree, never say never, btw I think I've figured out who you are FOB... ;)

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 4:16 am

I hope this story is helpful to other users here and that you learnt the lesson well enough to ask before assuming the answer next time.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 10:36 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Months later, I found that she started dating a Christian-culturally guy, I know this guy, he's more agnostic than Christian, he's an employee in another department. They have been couples for more than 8 months now. She's now very opened to Christians and agnosticism and considering civil marriage.

Funny no?

-Fin-

You hit the nail on the head with this one.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 11:12 am

sunshower wrote:
And I agree, never say never, btw I think I've figured out who you are FOB... ;)

FOB=LPP? That's my guess.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 11:18 am

Yup, annoying, isn't it?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 11:25 am

Janissy wrote:
sunshower wrote:

FOB=LPP? That's my guess.

LPP died.