I ALWAYS miss the signs!! !! !

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Brundisium
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2010, 6:40 am

My friends always choose to tell me AFTER the fact that a girl was interested in me, it's really annoying!!

How do you tell when a girl likes you?

It actually got to the point the other night where a girl I'd been talking to all night just came up and kissed me before she left and told me I should pay more attention!

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 6:46 am

I suppose you've got to guess?

I can never tell either when a guy is interested, gets me into awkward positions all the time :lol:

These days I try to watch for body language and make an educated guess but I often get it wrong.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 6:47 am

btw, you're a musician in Brisbane aren't you? I think I have you on my facebook too. I'm also a Brisbane musician. Do you write originals?

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 6:53 am

If someone doesn't just say it I'll never be sure. Even if someone say they like me directly I'll be thinking "like or

like-like?" I am only just to the point where I can accept myself as I am. Self confidence in love and dating is an alien

concept to me. So I don't bother. I stay at home.

Brundisium
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2010, 6:56 am

Aimless wrote:
If someone doesn't just say it I'll never be sure. Even if someone say they like me directly I'll be thinking "like or like-like?" I am only just to the point where I can accept myself as I am. Self confidence in love and dating is an alien concept to me. So I don't bother. I stay at home.

Yeah I know what you mean!

My friends think I'm lame 'cause I always wait for the girl to make a move, but it's only 'cause I don't want to embarrass myself by making a move if I'm wrong, which I usually am.

sunshower wrote:
btw, you're a musician in Brisbane aren't you? I think I have you on my facebook too. I'm also a Brisbane musician. Do you write originals?

hahahaha, yes.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 7:14 am

There was this guy I was instantly attracted to. His face lit up like a Christmas tree every time he saw me and he told me

many times he thought I was "wonderful". But he never asked me out so I never knew. I'm such a sad case. :roll:

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 7:17 am

It is really stupid when you witness two people who clearly like each other but don't have the initiative two take things further especially when one of them says to you they really like the other person and your left there facepalming about the whole situation and just get to the point where you just want to wack their heads together n get it over with.

However, when your one of these people its a royal pain in the arse. Sometimes I wish I had telepathic abilities to understand what people are thinking cause your left with the old asperger subtle as an earthquake skills of trying to figure out other peoples intentions and end up coming across as a complete muppet in the process.

johnc
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Oct 2010, 11:52 am

Aimless wrote:
There was this guy I was instantly attracted to. His face lit up like a Christmas tree every time he saw me and he told me

many times he thought I was "wonderful". But he never asked me out so I never knew. I'm such a sad case. :roll:

Did you do anything to let him know that you were attracted to him?

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 12:43 pm

johnc wrote:
Aimless wrote:

Did you do anything to let him know that you were attracted to him?

That's a problem area for me and I admit it. I second guess my self a lot and am almost pathologically afraid of rejection.

We live in different towns now but he did pop in for a short visit last year. I had written him and he wrote back right

away and said he wanted to keep in touch but I didn't hear from him for 5 years. He has my email and said he would

keep in touch but he doesn't. I think he does like me but for whatever reason is not in the market for a relationship.

Perhaps because he is the oldest and as his late father was an alcoholic he has long been sort of "head of the

family" as well as head of the family business. His brother was quite ill with kidney disease and lived with him before he

died. He's married to his family i.e. He's kind of a lonely guy, seen by others sitting in the Waffle House at midnight

drinking coffee and reading a book. I'm OK. When I first saw him I thought that I would never fit in his world. He didn't

look to be my type socially. He is a white collar financial consultant and I was a bartender and now I'm pretty much a

janitor. He keeps telling me I can do anything. He's wrong, but it's nice to hear I guess. He has never asked me for

anything. We just drink coffee and talk. It was when I decided he would never make a move and was not interested

that I became involved with my son's father. Oh, now you've got me going johnc. :lol:

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 2:17 pm

Yeah, I can never tell when/if a guy is into me or not unless he tells me. Apparently, some people don't like doing that so I have to do guesswork. :roll: :lol:

Greendragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Oct 2010, 3:11 pm

Askmen.com come and an online women mag both have articles on how to tell if someone is interested in you. Just type in "how can I tell if a guy/girl is interested in me" in the search bar. You will get lots of places to catch up on body language signals.