Women=lying when they say job isnt a big deal.

Page 1 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 5:27 am

I have a job paying 12.00 an hour and I cant get a date with women of the same social economics status

what the heck?

Yasmine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Oct 2010, 6:23 am

Sounds like you're inventing a theory to cling to so you don't have to examine what really is wrong.

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 6:38 am

Yasmine wrote:
Sounds like you're inventing a theory to cling to so you don't have to examine what really is wrong.

Well, lets see:

-im a built semi good looking dude

-my personaility isnt TERRIBLE

So, if it isnt my appearance or personaility...it must be my job

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 6:40 am

Your still a prick, that doesn't help

I had 3 relationships while I was a student when I lived off a tiny grant of £500 a month

Now I earn £25K I see no differance whatsoever

Stop living in cloud cookoo land and get a clue son

Yasmine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Oct 2010, 6:49 am

ApsieGuy wrote:
Yasmine wrote:

Well, lets see:

Oh well, if it's not TERRIBLE! *sarcasm*

Q; are you the one that made that thread on women having too high standards where you live?

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 6:51 am

Yasmine wrote:
ApsieGuy wrote:
Yasmine wrote:

Well, lets see:

Oh well, if it's not TERRIBLE! *sarcasm*

Q; are you the one that made that thread on women having too high standards where you live?

no

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 7:00 am

Yasmine wrote:

Worth repeating.

GrimmRomance
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Oct 2010, 7:50 am

There are tons of other possible reasons for why women might not want you.
You might want to consider other possibilities.

My boyfriend doesn't have a job, didn't have a well-paying job when I fell in love with him.
Previous boyfriend had a really nice job and he turned out to be a prick. I would rather have a nice guy.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 8:31 am

Job isn't really important.
How you feel about/accept the job you have is important.
Nothing more annoying than a guy with a low paying job complaining about how bad it is; if he takes it in his stride the confidence is sexy.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 8:35 am

Can any of your coworkers get a date? If they can then it's not the job.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 10:16 am

You think no women will date you just because of your job? Just how shallow do you think they all are? Quit trying to shift blame.

Greendragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2010, 10:29 am

Listen, 90% of the women (I AM A NT WOMAN) are out there looking for the man who makes MORE than she does. It doesn't make them gold diggers, just very practical in being able to live as they want ... for instance to marry the same socioeconomic level pretty much guarentees you will be at the same level several years from now when you want to start a family. Women typically marry up until they get into the higher levels of wage earning themselves when marrying equal and up is just as promising in providing for a family.

Unfortunately, the idea of looking for a mate based on what they can provide emotionally is important BUT economics have been found (note I said found which means I have watched my friends over the years AND read the many dating/relationship articles and studies they have done over the years of my lifetime) plays a huge role in finding a mate.

SO important that even the dating sites use your yearly wages as a way to match you with dates (women are matched with men who make more than them because typically men who make equal or less become undermined in the relationship and it fails - again they based that on studies which are out there to read).

So how to find that elusive woman who is not shallow? Look very hard and long. We exist but not many of us ... watch for words like "minimalism" and "nonmaterialistic" and "low maintenance" . Even "tomboy" might work.

These are all new terms to describe the woman who is interested in a relationship based on the deeper qualities of hard work and building a life together ...

Good luck!

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 10:51 am

Jeez I'm ashamed to be a woman after hearing some of this s**t.

I would never pick a mate based on wages. I don't think it has ever even crossed my mind to look for a boyfriend who earns a certain amount. It seems so scabby and low.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 10:52 am

Quote:
Listen, 90% of the women (I AM A NT WOMAN) are out there looking for the man who makes MORE than she does.

True.

Not only they just seek a man who's better financially than themselves, but they seek the man who's better than themselves in almost everything (even intelligence, social life, personality and emotional stability-wise).

The main reason why women would still struggling in achieving total equality is this tendency of mating in women themselves. As long 90% of husbands are better financially and socially than their wives then men will still remain the dominant gender.

Squirrelrat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Oct 2010, 11:03 am

I suspect that women are pickier than men because, while a man's biological sexual goal is to distribute his plentiful sperm, the woman is the one who ends up pregnant for nine months and then does most of the caring for the resulting child. The better the man's genes are, the better the chance of survival is for the child. The more things he can provide, the more he will be able to help the woman raise the child. I think that pickiness in choosing a mate is an instinctual evolutionary adaptation.

This picky behavior among females occurs in many different species.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ewBWyQuTY[/youtube]

Look familiar?

And anyway, if men around you with the same level of pay are getting girlfriends, then your pay probably isn't the problem. Unfortunately, courting among humans depends largely on non-verbal communication, which people with Asperger's syndrome aren't very good at. If you look good, you're smart, and men with the same wage as you are getting girlfriends, then I suspect that the problem lies in your ability to use and interpret body language.

Greendragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2010, 11:09 am

Then mechanicalgirl39 you are not in that group who does obviously.

No reason to be ashamed. It is just the law of nature to find the better suited mate. That humans chose partially based on monetary value is a human trait. There are just as many men who are looking for the mate who provides the better chance with children and providing a good home.

Rather like the female bird who has two males and both are trying to prove to her they have the better nest. Guess who wins? The one with the better built nest in the safer place.

Did I say it was a smart way to find a mate? For the birds yes since her young have a better chance of surviving. For us? Nope. Look at our divorce rates. It obviously isn't working but that scramble to get to the top is there none the less. It is simply how women have decided to chose a mate.

All you can do is remain true to who you are and enjoy life as it comes. Either you find a mate or you don't ... but what others do is not affecting how you carry yourself.