Page 1 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 12:43 pm

Laz wrote:
Well I'm fat, well stick with the facts I'm technically morbidly obesse going via bmi scale

Although I'm nowhere near as fat as I used to be (my peak weight was 24 stone that would have made me 300+) I'm just above 20 stone now which is about 280 ibs

It never seems to have been an obstacle towards relationships or offers coming my way. But I guess i get away with it because im tall and built for a large frame so a lot of my excess flab is perhaps more flattering then if I had the stereotype apple shape that fat people are normally associated with.

Still no harm loosing more weight in 2011 I like the energy boost that comes with weight loss. Its all win win to work towards sustainable weight loss

BMI isnt accurate, I quit using it as a reference all together. Id rather recommend people go to a place where you can get an actual body fat % reading done. Much more accurate and it takes skeletal structure and whatnot into account far more. My BMI is 26, but my %fat is 14%. for men 20-40ish ideal is around 15%, 20-25% being the line for overweightness depending on who you ask.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 12:48 pm

i've found that the bigger the guy is, the better the hug. :heart:

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Dec 2010, 1:00 pm

jamesongerbil wrote:

Oh, most definitely!

Avengilante
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Dec 2010, 1:00 pm

jamesongerbil wrote:

Fat people can't get their arms all the way round anything.

Don't expect to find a match who takes care of themselves and their appearance until you're willing to extend the effort to be presentable yourself. If their physical appearance and size matter to you, then you should assume that your appearance will matter to them. So respect that and do what you have to do to get in shape. Its only fair that you be prepared to give what you want to get. So stop the crybabying about how hard weight loss is and how long it takes and start dieting and exercising.

If you consider yourself fat, then that's a clear indicator that you're not happy with the way you look. If you're not satisfied with the way you look, then how dare you even hope that someone else should be satisfied with it. Are you seriously expecting someone to lower their standards to accept a look that you don't accept yourself?

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 1:08 pm

very well said

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 2:49 pm

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
Laz wrote:
Well I'm fat, well stick with the facts I'm technically morbidly obesse going via bmi scale

Although I'm nowhere near as fat as I used to be (my peak weight was 24 stone that would have made me 300+) I'm just above 20 stone now which is about 280 ibs

It never seems to have been an obstacle towards relationships or offers coming my way. But I guess i get away with it because im tall and built for a large frame so a lot of my excess flab is perhaps more flattering then if I had the stereotype apple shape that fat people are normally associated with.

Still no harm loosing more weight in 2011 I like the energy boost that comes with weight loss. Its all win win to work towards sustainable weight loss

BMI isnt accurate, I quit using it as a reference all together. Id rather recommend people go to a place where you can get an actual body fat % reading done. Much more accurate and it takes skeletal structure and whatnot into account far more. My BMI is 26, but my %fat is 14%. for men 20-40ish ideal is around 15%, 20-25% being the line for overweightness depending on who you ask.

Afraid your telling me what I already know :P

The best measure of sustainable weight loss is in the waist outside of a body fat calculation.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 3:25 pm

BrandonSP wrote:
I am fat. I actually was losing weight earlier this year, but ever since Thanksgiving I've gone back to eating too much. Although I resolve to eat less and exercise more this upcoming year, I don't think I'll lose enough weight to stop being fat by the end of 2011 unless I work out to death. I think that my obesity is scaring girls away. Making my problem worse is that I am not attracted to fat women at all. I want my woman to have a much healthier weight than I do, yet I've been told that fat people pair up better with other fat people. Is there any chance that a woman with a healthy weight will fall for me?

Most women don't care if a guy has a few extra pounds (15-20lbs) or even up to 40lbs overweight for older women, and I mean fat, not muscle. I also think a woman is less likely to have an issue if her boyfriend or husband gains weight later in the relationship. But I think you need to consider lifestyles, because on many occasions, weight differences are an indicator of lifestyle differences.

I have a friend who is overweight. When I met him, he weighed about 260lbs, he was over 300lbs at his highest, and now he's a little under 250lbs. One of the reasons he was heavy to begin with was he had no concept of good eating habits. He wouldn't gorge himself or eat bags of chips and cookies all day, but he thought it was ok to eat until one was full, and he didn't eat any vegetables except corn, which is very high in simple carbs.
An acceptable meal to him was 4 frozen burritos because that's how many he had to eat to feel full. But four frozen burritos has 1400 calories and 40 grams of fat. That's almost as many calories as I need per day, and more than half what he actually needs, yet this would be one of three meals for him. He started losing weight after I taught him about proper nutrition, and he also began skipping meals, which I DON'T advocate. He has now reached a plateau and probably won't lose any more weight because his diet was only part of the problem.

The other half is, he is incredibly adverse to any type of exorcise. His lifestyle is a sedentary one. He spends his time playing video games and watching movies. A day out for him consists of going to sit and watch a sports game.

So if he wants to date a super fit woman he is probably out of luck because she might want to go snow boarding, or skiing, kayaking, hiking, mountain biking, or all sorts of other physical activities that he either doesn't want to do, or is not in the right shape to do.

Your problem might be a little different. You stated you have a problem sticking to a healthy diet. Perhaps you are a compulsive overeater. Keep in mind, this does not mean your gorge youself like a pig, but only that you eat more than you actually need because you have a strong compulsion to do so. If this is the case, I'm not sure I'd be able to help you because the root of your problem is a compulsion. My friend was not a compulsive eater, he just didn't know proper nutrition and didn't get enough exercise.

But if you're not a compulsive eater, maybe I can help you.

In all honesty, in terms of losing weight, it really doesn't matter what you eat as long as you eat less calories than you need to maintain your current weight.

You could indeed lose weight eating Taco Bell every day. I know people who have done this.

But the purpose of most low calories diets is to get the diet low in calories while providing your body with the proper nutrients for all around health, so the individual is only calorie deficient, not nutrient deficient. So most low calorie diets also aim to be low in fat and cholesterol and also sufficient in vitamins, fiber, whole proteins and calcium.

These diets also tend to be aimed towards making the person not feel hungry. This is one reason one they stress vegetables, and to a lesser degree, fruits. These things have bulk and will make you feel more satisfied when eaten with a meal.

Another thing is, don't eat until you are full. Eat what you know to be a proper serving size your your caloric needs. Your body will adjust.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 4:19 pm

Some women like larger men. Just like some guys like BBWs, there are women who like fat men.

Usually my friends that like large guys are either 1. large themselves or 2. insecure and want a guy that is bigger than them.

Tias
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 4:32 pm

What is up with this question?
Makes me fanny cry.

Some do, some don't
Not everyone likes pizza, some like burgers, others like soups.
my point?
everyone is different, so asking a question like this is pretty pointless.

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 4:44 pm

I think big and chubby girls are pretty myself.

Yes I'm a chubby boy.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

Volodja
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 4:50 pm

Some do. Mostly fat women though.

I think it's usually people going for people of a similar body type to them. I am fairly skinny and I don't like fat girls.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 6:15 pm

I dated a guy who was morbidly obese. The only problem that arose from it was his comstant complaints about it, which I didn't know how to answer.
(Him: "I'm so fat!".
Me: "No, you're a normal weight"- obvious lie.

Him: "I'm so fat!"
Me: "Yeah, you are, you're huge! 8O " -doesn't seem right somehow.

I just usually went with "It doesn't bother me.")

But yeah; fatness is not an issue for me.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 6:39 pm

Repeated post.

Last edited by smudge on 26 Dec 2010, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 6:40 pm

I would say the answer is to wear nice clothes. Ask female friends for advice on this. When a man takes care of his appearance a bit, even if it just meant he wore the same nice clothes all the time - he appears much more attractive. Wearing nice clothes also boosts your confidence (since you look your best) which will make you carry yourself better. I would tell anyone this is a great way to boost your confidence (and therefore attractiveness). Obviously, wear something that *you* feel comfortable in and can pull off - there's no point wearing something a couple of friends says looks good but you feel you look like a whale in it.

Only problem is if you're quite big you may find it harder to find nice clothes. I can't advise on that one.

Personally, I'm not keen on big men although I'm overweight myself. I don't see how the OP has said anything wrong - you can't choose what you do and don't fancy in someone.

Another thing...wear nice clothes all the time if you can, and as I've said...it's not to impress others but to make yourself feel much more comfortable in your own skin.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 6:42 pm

Failing all that just let it all hang out at every concievable angle

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2010, 6:46 pm

Laz wrote:
Failing all that just let it all hang out at every concievable angle

Ahh, is that what attracts them to you?