Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

AMaxwell
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jan 2011, 5:17 am

I am very confused. I don't really hang with people, but about two weeks ago I was sitting below a monument in the school and I saw a boy walking toward me. He was drunk, I could tell, and stood before me as if he was somehow protecting me. I was confused but didn't do anything, he then grabbed my hand, and said "So, you're Alexey?", and then kissed it. Then he lift me up and hugged, and sat next to me. He whispered to me, asking if I was available, but by now I was kind of scared so I walked away. Later then I could not stop thinking about it, and I like him so much.
So I saw him pass by and I told him I liked him a lot, and that I wanted us to know each other better. He agreed.
But when I pass by he doesn't or probably acts as if he didn't notice me, I think he is pushing me away, but I like him...Though I know from experience that if I start following a person everywhere they are going to definitely go away.
What do I do? I really like him, but his signals are very confusing. He often seems like he has no interest at all, but next time he is kind and tries to get close.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 8:55 am

If it were me, I'd pass on this one. But this is my advice to you with consideration that you want him...

He was silly (was he actually drunk?!) and overtly physical with you. While that can be complimentary if you're not used to having that kind of affection, you have to consider whether you really like him or the affection. If he's not providing the affection consistently, you've got to realize that it was a fluke-type event while he was messing around and that he's not really interested. The last thing you want to do is follow him around like a puppy dog.

I think you can do better. But if you do like him for who he is, back off a bit then and let him chase you again. You might be too available for him to consider you interesting. Have a life and if he wants to be a part of your life, he'll come around, make time for you and hope that you make time for him. He'll become more consistent in what he wants and how he treats you. If he doesn't do that, he really was not worth your time.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2011, 9:00 am

wefunction wrote:
If it were me, I'd pass on this one.

Agreed. I have done that same kind of "sweep-her-off-her-feet-for-a-moment" kind of thing, and there is really nothing of substance there for you.