Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 3:57 pm

<------idiot. (not that tadpole, but me). Seems I fall for all the wrong people.

Friesland = a province in the Netherlands. Pronounced so that it rhymes the English word "free" (not "fry"). I live in the USA, but I have a Frisian surname and all-Dutch ancestry. Just a minor Aspie obsession of mine.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 4:54 pm

People tell me the following all the time: "When you stop searching, you will find the right person."

Strangely it works out this way, somehow...

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 5:15 pm

Wallourdes wrote:
People tell me the following all the time: "When you stop searching, you will find the right person."

Strange, I'm not even looking, and I fall for the wrong people. It happens. Or maybe I am looking without realizing it....

Where in the Netherlands do you live, if I may ask? All my ancestry is Dutch.

Friesland = a province in the Netherlands. Pronounced so that it rhymes the English word "free" (not "fry"). I live in the USA, but I have a Frisian surname and all-Dutch ancestry. Just a minor Aspie obsession of mine.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 5:52 pm

Wallourdes wrote:

Oh please, absurd advices like this really anger me. It even made me to cheat my WP fasting for today in order to reply you.

That advice of yours might be feasible for someone as young as you with plenty of time at hand and plenty of potential partners around, but for Ba'al 's sake, look at the OP's age (and that goes for all other users , always consider the age of the person you're advising damn it!).

Frieslander is 40, if he doesn't try and search NOW when then he should start searching? When he's 50?? When he's 60??

Or should he sit, and wait for love to come to him for another 40 years?

Please, give us a break people, and spare the less-coped-aspies those useless and misleading advices.

Frieslander, don't listen to the wannabe-wise young people, keep searching.

Anyways, that will be my only WP post for today, back to my fasting.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 09 May 2011, 6:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 5:59 pm

Frieslander wrote:
Wallourdes wrote:

Strange, I'm not even looking, and I fall for the wrong people. It happens. Or maybe I am looking without realizing it....

I live in the central part of The Netherlands, in the province called Utrecht.
Judging by your screenname i'd say your ancestors came from up north, Friesland or Fryslân as they say in Frisian.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 6:01 pm

Yes, I am also always a bit peturbed when someone says all I have to do is "stop looking". I think that works for lost car keys, but not finding a person. And also that idea suggests that I should feign disinterest in finding a relationship, and magically the right person would appear out of thin air.

Taking a break.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 6:08 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Wallourdes wrote:

Oh please, absurd advices like this really anger me. It even made me to cheat my WP fasting for today in order to reply you.

That advice of yours might be feasible for someone as young as good with plenty of time and plenty of potential partners around, but for Ba'al 's sake, look at the OP's age (and that goes for all other users , always consider the age of the person you're advising damn it!).

Frieslander is 40, if he doesn't try and search NOW when then he should start searching? When he's 50?? When he's 60??

Or he should sit, and wait love to come to him for another 40 years?

Please, give us a break people, and spare the less-coped-aspies those useless and misleading advices.

Anyways, that will be my only WP post for today, back to my fasting.

Nice you are looking and not posting, but you can't really call it fastening if you enticing yourself :wink:

hmmm, you could help fortune a little hand by the dating circuit and take time for getting to know her before taking further steps - thus filtering out the ones you can't get along with.
My parents are divorced and my dad (56) had a few relations the last couple of years, he mainly used dating sites to get in contact.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 6:13 pm

zen_mistress wrote:
Yes, I am also always a bit peturbed when someone says all I have to do is "stop looking". I think that works for lost car keys, but not finding a person. And also that idea suggests that I should feign disinterest in finding a relationship, and magically the right person would appear out of thin air.

Heck, the persons telling me this where real social types. So I guess that might explain it.

Dating and taking time might do it?

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 8:53 am

Wallourdes wrote:
Frieslander wrote:
Wallourdes wrote:

I live in the central part of The Netherlands, in the province called Utrecht.
Judging by your screenname i'd say your ancestors came from up north, Friesland or Fryslân as they say in Frisian.

I know only four of the names in my ancestry, and one of them is Frisian.