Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 9:17 am

Don't you think the Transformers movies where the socially awkward unproductive less-than-average-looking nerd gets the hottest, the most social, the most desired and the most popular girl in town/college is too...unrealistic?

Mike_the_EE
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2011, 9:28 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Don't you think the Transformers movies where the socially awkward unproductive less-than-average-looking nerd gets the hottest, the most social, the most desired and the most popular girl in town/college is too...unrealistic?

Absolutely! Sentient, alien, transforming robots are plausible, but the nerd getting the hot chick is completely unrealistic. :)

Aspie Score 141 of 200
NT Score 50 of 200

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Jul 2011, 9:36 am

I never seen that movie but Miranda Cosgrove said a few times that she had a crush on the guy in that movie & she also said on Ellen Show when asked about boyfriend that she wanted a guy with a Michael Cera personality so I'm guessing there might be a chance other successful girls could be attracted to that

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 02 Jul 2011, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 9:43 am

Well, the "Sentient, alien, transforming robots are plausible," is the Sci-Fi part of the movie, so everything is possible in that one , while Shia and his girlfriend are the....."rom-com" part of the movie, and they look together even more fiction than the sci-fi part.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 9:54 am

yknow what would make an even more unrealistic movie.... the socially awkward ugly nerdy girl getting the hot popular desired guy

take that

Mike_the_EE
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2011, 9:57 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Well, the "Sentient, alien, transforming robots are plausible," is the Sci-Fi part of the movie, so everything is possible in that one , while Shia and his girlfriend are the....."rom-com" part of the movie, and they look together even more fiction than the sci-fi part.

What I was attempting to say is that the nerd getting the girl is more sci-fi than the robots.

Aspie Score 141 of 200
NT Score 50 of 200

all_white
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 9:58 am

nick007 wrote:
I never seen that movie but Miranda Cosgrove said a few times that she had a crush on the guy in that movie

:roll:

Someone having a crush on an actor (who is only pretending to be a nerd for a movie role) is a whole different thing to someone having a crush on a real nerd in real life.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Jul 2011, 10:03 am

all_white wrote:
nick007 wrote:
I never seen that movie but Miranda Cosgrove said a few times that she had a crush on the guy in that movie

Someone having a crush on an actor (who is only pretending to be a nerd for a movie role) is a whole different thing to someone having a crush on a real nerd in real life.

Very good point but What about claiming to want a guy with a Michael Cera personality :?:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

all_white
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 10:13 am

nick007 wrote:
all_white wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Very good point but What about claiming to want a guy with a Michael Cera personality :?:

I had never heard of Michael Cera, so I had to google him. I see he's an actor. As such, there is no way people can know what his true personality is like, unless they know him personally. The nature of an actor's profession means viewers are never seeing the "real" personality on screen. Actors are always pretending to be somebody else. It's their job. Of course, there's always a possibility that the actor in question is repeatedly typecast and his roles match his true nature in real life, but since I have no idea who he is and haven't followed his career, I can't comment on that.

:)

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 10:15 am

Absolutely. One does not simply get with both Megan Fox and Rosie Whatsername. It's unfair and very greedy.

Last edited by Simonono on 02 Jul 2011, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 10:17 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Why not? It's a fantasy film - I suppose the giant robots are too unrealistic as well? :wink:

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 10:39 am

It's not that unrealistic. I've seen it happen.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 10:58 am

^ you always see everything happening.

OneStepBeyond wrote:
yknow what would make an even more unrealistic movie.... the socially awkward ugly nerdy girl getting the hot popular desired guy

take that

Ouch! You win!

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 11:07 am

Simonono wrote:
Absolutely. One does not simply get with both Megan Fox and Rosie Whatsername. It's unfair and very greedy.

Why would you want to? They're both terribly unattractive.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 11:40 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Let me ask you a question: would you go see a movie where Shia Laboeuf gets with a girl who's more in his league, lookswise? I didn't think so.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 12:11 pm

mv wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Let me ask you a question: would you go see a movie where Shia Laboeuf gets with a girl who's more in his league, lookswise? I didn't think so.

YES!! How she looks like is too irrelevant to the story. What I want to see is giants robots beating each others and shooting lasers, not romance!