RELATIONSHIPS ARE CHALLENGING

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Tica
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2011, 11:29 am

I have been in one long-term monogamous relationship in my life so far. My ex-boyfriend was my first love, first kiss, and the man i lost my virginity too. In the end it was not working out because all we did was argue and yell. At the time i wish i knew i had Asperger's. In the end i am a stronger person and now i am able to make sure i communicate more in the relationship. It was a learning experience for me but i am glad we are no longer together. He left me on January 1, 2010 which was New Year's Day. Since then i have been single and concentrate on helping myself. I continue to see my therapist every two weeks and a lady for my medication every 6-8 weeks. Now i am attending a weekly support group which helps me a lot. Life is difficult at times but i realize i don't need a man to make me happy. I have to love myself first.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 11:50 am

Amen.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 12:15 pm

Quote:
RELATIONSHIPS ARE CHALLENGING

Yup

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 12:28 pm

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 12:34 pm

Tica wrote:
I have been in one long-term monogamous relationship in my life so far. My ex-boyfriend was my first love, first kiss, and the man i lost my virginity too. In the end it was not working out because all we did was argue and yell. At the time i wish i knew i had Asperger's. In the end i am a stronger person and now i am able to make sure i communicate more in the relationship. It was a learning experience for me but i am glad we are no longer together. He left me on January 1, 2010 which was New Year's Day. Since then i have been single and concentrate on helping myself. I continue to see my therapist every two weeks and a lady for my medication every 6-8 weeks. Now i am attending a weekly support group which helps me a lot. Life is difficult at times but i realize i don't need a man to make me happy. I have to love myself first.

Who are you trying to convince... us or yourself? :P :wink:

Also, that's a great .gif MONKEY. :)

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 2:55 pm

Relationships can be challenging, but a thing to keep in mind though is that it takes two people making an effort in a relationship. I think that those of us on the Autistic Spectrum can sometimes not notice when the partner isn't doing their part effectively and also can have great difficulty knowing what their partner needs (let alone meeting those needs) because of this I think many of us can feel bad for the wrong reasons after a break-up and take an unfair share of the blame about it.

To my mind, a person splitting up with someone on New Years Day is a gittish thing to do but I don't know what happened.

I hope you feel much better now than you did then Tica and I hope you heal/healed well.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 3:48 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arb9608DEzw[/youtube]

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 3:52 pm

MONKEY wrote:

You go guuuuuuuuurl! :lmao:

hartzofspace