Why does sexual attraction have anything to do with dating?

Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Do you have to be sexually attracted to someone to date him/her/it?
Yes 67%  67%  [ 42 ]
No 24%  24%  [ 15 ]
Depends/Don't know 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 63

seoulgamer
Raven
Raven

16 Oct 2011, 5:10 am

Falling in love is an emotional process, not based on any logical criteria. Unless your behaviour triggers strong sexual attraction in the other person, there won't be a relationship. That's just how it works.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 6:14 am

seoulgamer wrote:
Falling in love is an emotional process, not based on any logical criteria. Unless your behaviour triggers strong sexual attraction in the other person, there won't be a relationship. That's just how it works.

For some people. The only time I fell in love, it was with someone toward whom I had no real sexual attraction. She was pretty, but that wasn't what touched my heart (and left a hole in it :cry: ) Sex is a huge part of bonding for humans, so of course for some people there's a sexual component. Like you said, it's not based on logical criteria, so people define it for themselves.

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 7:39 pm

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
seoulgamer wrote:

For some people. The only time I fell in love, it was with someone toward whom I had no real sexual attraction. She was pretty, but that wasn't what touched my heart (and left a hole in it :cry: ) Sex is a huge part of bonding for humans, so of course for some people there's a sexual component. Like you said, it's not based on logical criteria, so people define it for themselves.

I agree. To me, love and sexual attraction are completely separate.

tronist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Oct 2011, 12:15 am

its human nature..

males generally look for girls whom they find sexually attractive, whilst girls generally look for guys who will be able to take care of them and provide for them.